In the buff

We were surprised with an unexpected dinner invitation today…so I decided I would take my pleated, nude-pink BB Dakota dress out for the evening (and my husband, too, of course!!)

When you’re wearing a sort of non-colour like this, it’s a wonderful opportunity to choose some accessories that will make a bit of a style statement; alternatively, you can play it totally the other way and go for a very pared down, almost minimalistic feel.

I think I managed to hit it right in the middle!!  My black sandal/bootie hybrids and this studded MK bag are definitely edgy – but certainly not “over the top” – while the leopard cuff and amber pendant add just the smallest touch of colour and pattern to a dress that’s really all about texture, texture, texture!!

As it happened, our night started with a game of backyard bocce; and ended with a GIGANTIC spider (omg!) hitching a ride indoors on my oblivious hubby’s shoulder…both of which necessitated some rather, ahem, dexterous maneuvering on my part (bocce was fun, but I couldn’t get away from that eight-legged monster fast enough!!)

Good thing I wasn’t all body-con and stilettos; the last thing I need right now is another broken foot!!

1. August 20, 2014 / 5:34 pm

What a gorgeous dress, Monika! I am sure it looks fabulous with high heels too but pairing it with your booties is just your style and suits you so well! I hope you had a wonderful evening after that … horrible … spider start!! I am like you and can't run fast enough when I spot one from the distance!

Have a nice rest of the week and thank you ever so much for your lovely comments on my blog, I really appreciate them!!

Hugs,
    Annette | Lady of Style

• August 21, 2014 / 2:25 am

Dear Annette, I wish that I had the time to leave a comment for every single post on every single blog that I follow…I have discovered such a lovely community here, and it's so important to me to show my support!! But with my full-time job – and a husband that I don't want to neglect TOO much! – that opportunity just isn't there. I want to thank you as well for all your sweet words; it's always such a pleasure to hear from you!! XOXO P.S. I still shudder when I think about that spider…it was like something out of a horror movie!! :0

• August 22, 2014 / 2:34 am

Spiders scare me waaay more than snakes do, dearest Dawn…you should have heard me scream!! And if you didn't live all the way down there in California, I would gladly loan you my MK bag whenever you wanted to borrow it (as long as I wasn't using it, ha ha!!) XOXO

• August 22, 2014 / 2:43 am

On the one hand, it's a rather basic dress…but on the other, those pleats really make it quite special!! Thanks, Con!!

2. August 21, 2014 / 1:45 pm

I love this beautiful pleated dress, and even though it's a "non-color" as you said, it looks super pretty and is sort of a blank canvas for accessorizing which you did brilliantly!

• August 22, 2014 / 2:53 am

You are so sweet, dearest Anett…thank you!! As much as I love brights on other women – and even if I occasionally delve into that territory myself! – I think neutral tones will always remain my biggest love (colour-wise, at least!!) XOXO

3. August 21, 2014 / 5:51 pm

What a day! And such a wonderful outfit – the dress is simply gorgeous and I adore the shoes very much. x

• August 22, 2014 / 2:58 am

Spiders don't make the best dinner guests…that's for sure, dear Natalia!! And even though I wear what I like, I'm happy to hear that this outfit has more than just one fan!! 😉