Skirting the issue

I’m in a style quandary, dear readers…and I’d really love your advice!!

This denim pencil skirt was a thrifted find that my husband brought home for me when he was visiting his mom on Vancouver Island a couple of months ago.  Didn’t he do well with the trendy front-slit detail and perfect fit?!

But because I already own one knee-length jean skirt (remember it from my “Trial and error” and “A-line” posts?) I am debating whether I should turn this one into a DIY project for an above-the-knee, cut-off skirt!!

I love the casual, edgy feel of a raw-hemmed denim mini…but virtually all of them are really, really short; this might be the ideal opportunity for me to create one that’s just the length I’d like.  But I’m also very happy with how it looks right now – kind of retro cool, right?!

Would you please let me know what you think I should do??  I honestly can’t make up my mind, and I’m anxious to get your input!!

P.S. If you live in the Vancouver area and happen to be a fan of Denim & Supply Ralph Lauren, Alison of Styling My Life is co-hosting an event at The Bay downtown from 2:00 to 4:00pm this Saturday, August 23rd!!  I know she’d love to see you there!!

1. August 22, 2014 / 3:22 pm

Fun. Are you going to the event this Saturday? Oooh, I should really try to pop down if you're… and as for the skirt?! I'm a HUGE fan of the frayed denim mini. I just recently cut my skirt and love it. Plus, so gorg in the colder months, especially with tights & boots, right?! I say go for it!! xo

• August 23, 2014 / 5:13 am

I LOVE a denim mini with tights and boots, dearest Veronika!! See?!…great minds really do think alike!! ;D As for Alison's event, I wish I could say that I'll be there; but between medical appointments and "dates" with friends, I've had an incredibly busy couple of weeks…and I promised myself that I'd do some serious catching up this weekend. But I'm sure I'll have an opportunity to meet you both in the very near future!! XOXO

2. August 24, 2014 / 2:20 pm

Oh, I wish I could go to that Denim & Supply show! I love their vibe and I would be over the moon to meet you, dear! Well, I'm miles away … so I'll get back to the issue at hand. How can you go wrong either way? The skirt is fab just as it is, but I admit to being curious what you might turn it into! And bravo to hubby for such great thrifting skills! I'm impressed.

• August 25, 2014 / 1:55 am

Somehow, someday, we'll have the opportunity for a real life get-together, dearest Dawn…I'm sure of it!! In the meantime, we will just have to content ourselves with these "virtual" visits; still better than nothing, right?! 😉 As far as the skirt goes, I think I am leaning towards a shorter hemline…but I'll certainly keep you posted!! XOXO

• August 26, 2014 / 1:33 am

Thank you Aitana…and thank you very much for visiting!! 🙂

• August 26, 2014 / 2:11 pm

That paisley blouse is so pretty, dearest Maggie…and I really don't wear it often enough!! Glad I thought to pair it with the skirt!! XOXO

3. August 26, 2014 / 11:57 am

The skirt looks fabulous on you as it is, however I think you can rock it raw hemmed perfectly Monika dear. Love those boots!!! xoxo

• August 26, 2014 / 2:19 pm

I think I AM going to chop off the hem of the skirt, dear Elsie; even my husband suggested that it would look nice if it was a little shorter…so I know he won't mind if I take the scissors to his fab find!! 😉

• August 27, 2014 / 8:45 pm

I've decided…I'm going to go for it, dearest Anett!! Now it's just a matter of finding the time for my little project; with the lovely summer weather we've been having lately, it seems a shame to be sitting at home!! 🙂