Stripes and wedges

I just took my love of stripes to a whole new level, dear readers…I added a pair of striped jeans to my denim repertoire!!

They’ve been on my wish-list for quite a while, but since the “look at me!’ factor is a little higher than with your average pair of jeans, I wasn’t sure I was ready to make the commitment.  Actually, I was still in the “thinking about it” phase when I found these blue-and-white Mavi skinnies at Winners last weekend…only this time, I was brave enough to try them on!!

Surprise!!  The super-stretchy and rather lightweight fabric makes them incredibly comfortable; and talk about flattering…I feel like I have legs-for-days when I put them on!!  Win-win, right?!

Because they’re quite a statement all on their own, I kept the rest of my look a little more on the simple side with this grey graphic tee and my Bjorn wedge slides; only to bump things up once again by adding my oversized, chandelier-style earrings!!

Are these stripes going to play as well with other pieces in my wardrobe??  That question shall remain unanswered for now…but somehow, I have a feeling you’ll be seeing them again really soon!!

• August 17, 2014 / 12:05 am

Thanks so much for stopping by, Isabelle…I will gladly make a visit to your blog, too!!

• August 17, 2014 / 4:38 pm

I guess the jeans ARE kind of "rock and roll," aren't they, dear Dawn?! Now I know why I like them so much…plus, they're STRIPED!! 😀

1. August 17, 2014 / 4:01 pm

I love stripes for pattern mixing… and those jeans + outfit are the absolute bomb. My new favourite outfit of yours. You look gorgeous! And those earrings?! Love, love!! xo

• August 17, 2014 / 4:48 pm

This is one of those looks in which I felt especially good, dearest Veronika…I guess 'cause it's a variation of my beloved "jeans and t-shirt" combination!! Just goes to show that you can't go wrong with basics…especially when they have a little twist!! XOXO

• August 21, 2014 / 2:02 am

Thank you so much, dear Natalia…I have to admit that I felt pretty fantastic, too!! 😉

2. August 20, 2014 / 8:50 pm

Monika I'm sooooooo glad I popped over to check out your jeans… they look so good on you!! I think being so petite makes them perfect for you – they're still super bold but they don't hit you in the face. Great paired with the yummy t-shirt too. Just wowwwww 🙂

Catherine, Not Dressed As Lamb x

• August 21, 2014 / 2:11 am

Hello there, dear Catherine!! I'm really glad that I finally decided to just "go for" these bold, striped jeans…they totally make me feel like I'm ten feet tall when I have them on!! 😉 It goes to show – once again! – that stepping outside our personal style "box" every once in a while can be a very good thing!! Thank you so much for your lovely note!! XOXO