Style 3-Play: Summer Black Look Three

When wearing black for the summer is in consideration, sometimes it’s fun to simply go “all the way!!”

A mix of black and white (you saw my version in Look One) is a classic option for incorporating the colour into a seasonal look; and using touches of black via some well-chosen accessories (like I did in Look Two) can also be a great way to accent a lightweight, summery outfit.

But today I wanted to do an all black ensemble that, despite the dark tone, couldn’t be mistaken as anything other than a warm weather look…and I think I managed it very well!!

My vegan leather jeans are not a typical choice for this time of year, but they ended up being surprisingly comfortable; no more constricting than any regular denims would be.  Black studded sandals??  I certainly won’t be wearing those during the cold months ahead!!  And although my sunnies and chain-mail crossbody bag (isn’t it cute?) might come out to play even as our days start getting shorter and shorter, this majorly scooped-out tank has summertime written all over it!!

Well okay, not literally!!  But it makes the point anyways, dear readers…just do – and wear! – what you love, and you can’t go wrong!!  🙂

1. August 9, 2014 / 5:56 am

I am soooo in love with your outfit! The tee is amazing and if I had that in my closet, I would wear it all the time. And awesome vegan leather pants…it's nice how they aren't as constraining as the usual tight leather pants are but still as chic. I would actually also want a pair like that for my wardrobe:) Anyway, overall super cute outfit!
    xo Olivia

• August 11, 2014 / 12:17 am

Thank you for your lovely note, dear Olivia!! Yes, these Free People faux-leather jeans truly are incredibly comfortable…if I wasn't so afraid that I might wear them out (and by that I mean destroy them!) I'd probably practically LIVE in them!! 😉 And the tank top is a fun little summer piece that I'm hoping will also work for layering once the weather gets chillier!!

• August 11, 2014 / 12:22 am

I bet I would have fit in just perfectly at the Motley Crue concert that you recently attended, right dearest Dawn?! ;D

2. August 9, 2014 / 3:36 pm

You're looking extra lovely in these photos. So fresh and relaxed – I'm envious. I'm a looking a little haggered today… thank you neighbours for the 4am wake up call, sigh! And yes, to all black. I've been wearing a ton of it this summer and I LOVE your chain mail bag!! Happiest weekend, sweets! xo

• August 11, 2014 / 12:32 am

Oh no…as if you didn't have enough challenges to deal with, dear Veronika!! I hope the issue with the neighbours was an exception, not the rule; us bloggers need our beauty sleep!! Let's hope you managed some extra rest yesterday and today at least!! XO

3. August 10, 2014 / 2:02 pm

Monika this look is relaxed yet so fabulous on you. Yes the bag is cuuute. Awesome look!!! xoxo

• August 11, 2014 / 12:40 am

I can't fit much more than my wallet into this itty bitty bag, dear Elsie…but sometimes, that's all you need!! And rocking black from top to bottom always feels very natural to me; I guess that's why I look so at-ease!! 🙂

4. August 12, 2014 / 1:57 pm

Liebe Monika, das ist so richtig, was Du schreibst. Tu was Du liebst, das kann nicht falsch sein… <3 Da bin ich ganz Deiner Meinung!!! Dein Outfit ist grandios – Lederhosen sind auch an einem Sommerabend nie die verkehrte Wahl – schließlich wird es auch mal frisch, wenn die Sonne untergegangen ist. Ganz besonders gefallen mir heute Dein Schmuck und Deine Tasche dazu… Ach, wie gerne würde ich mich mal in Deinem Schmuckkästchen umschauen. Es ist wirklich so schade, dass uns so viele Meilen trennen… 🙁 Aber wie gut, dass Du zu Bloggen angefangen hast, sonst hätten wir uns ja nie kennengelernt – nicht mal virtuell… Also keep on blogging meine Liebe – es grüßt Dich ganz herzlich, Conny <3

• August 12, 2014 / 5:05 pm

Liebe Conny…mal wieder vielen, vielen Dank für Deinen netten Kommentar!! Ich weis ja, wie beschäftigt Du bist mit Kinder und Sport und Allerlei…dafür freue ich mich um so mehr darüber!! Und virtuell kennengelernt ist besser als überhaupt nicht, finde ich auch!! I am very happy that you like this look, my dear…and yes, I promise to keep the outfits coming!! XOXO