Style 3-Play: Summer Black Look Two

So…it just might be possible that I planned this particular Style 3-Play specifically so that I could show off my fabulous new Michael Kors bag!!  ;D

As I mentioned in my “Summer Black Look One” post, the classic combination of black with white is a relatively effortless way to make the sombre colour feel more seasonal.  The second option I’m featuring today??  Add some hits of black with your accessories!!

In smaller doses, black has a wonderful way of “grounding” and giving a bit of edge to more ethereal looks; home decorators, for example, will often use touches of black to finish an otherwise all-white or neutral room.  I’ve done something similar here by adding my black cut-out booties, a black studded belt and my yummy black bag to this patterned, ruffle-hemmed Billabong dress!!

This dress is kind of the definition of summery, don’t you think??  And the high-low hem – of which I’m honestly not always a fan! – looks especially pretty when its wearer is on the move; yes, I admit to twirling a few times for these photos!!

But I’ve got to admit that my Michael Kors masterpiece, which I found in pristine condition at a consignment store for an insanely good price, is the newest apple of my eye!!  Tell me, dear readers…can you feel the love?!

• August 6, 2014 / 6:22 pm

Did I really NEED another sundress to add to my collection?! No, I didn't, dear Cvety; but what can I say…I couldn't leave it behind!! 😉

1. August 6, 2014 / 2:02 pm

Beautiful look. And I'm OBSESSED with your Michael Kors bag. I think you picked the prettiest one. Love how it has a bit of edge, totally gorgeous and so modern!! xoxo

• August 6, 2014 / 9:04 pm

I'd been looking for an all-black bag for what seemed like forever, dearest Veronika (kinda weird that I didn't have one, considering how much I like black, right?!) And now here's proof that "good things come to those who wait"…with its stud detail and silver hardware, this bag was practically made to order!! 😉

• August 8, 2014 / 2:05 am

Ha!! You have your own brand new and delicious MK bag, dearest Dawn…you don't need mine!! 😉 But I appreciate the sentiment…and the love!! XOXO

• August 8, 2014 / 2:21 am

Aww, thank you very much, Carmen!! And thank you for visiting, too!! 🙂

• August 8, 2014 / 2:29 am

Thanks, dear Michèle!! I'm already planning how I could style it for colder weather – like maybe with tall boots and a sweater – but then I stop myself, because I really don't want to be thinking of winter yet!! Fashion has a way of doing that to us, though, doesn't it?! 😉