Sun dressed

Because we had such a late start to our summer here in Vancouver, my husband and I are waaay behind in our tally of “beach days” compared to last year…but we finally managed another afternoon spent oceanside!!

I will admit that I’m not really good in the water – I’m absolutely terrified of my head going under! – but when I’m safely settled on shore somewhere, I truly couldn’t be happier.  Sand or pebbles, palm trees or sea grass, crashing surf or gently lapping waves…it’s all my idea of a little bit of “heaven on earth!!”

This blue-and-green-patterned Ecko Red slipdress has been a beach mainstay of mine for several seasons now; it’s light as a feather and never looks rumpled, even after hours spent lounging in a beach chair.

But my oversized Lauren Ralph Lauren hat was a new find (at The Bay!) this year…the epitome of summertime glamour, don’t you think?!  Especially paired with these rhinestone-embellished Just Cavalli sunglasses!!  😉

And now it’s your turn to tell me, dear readers – what’s your go-to look for a day at the beach??  Are you ready to “dive in” with your best bikini; super casual in cut-offs and a tee; or flaunting something extra-special for that waterfront catwalk??  I’d love to know!!

1. August 13, 2014 / 4:24 pm

Your bigger pictures, can't get over how awesome they look!! Plus, thank you, thank you, for the fabulous Etsy review!! <3 As for beach attire? I tend to do a cute bikini top and cut-offs. I'm a totally relaxed girl at heart… and I love your "beach look" that dress is gorg. Plus what could be prettier than that ocean backdrop!! xoxo

• August 13, 2014 / 8:37 pm

Can't get much more "classic" than a bikini and cut-offs for the beach, dearest Veronika!! And as far as the Etsy kudos go, you certainly deserve it…I wouldn't have this fabulous new blog look without you (and that includes your help with my photo size!!) You're the BEST!! XOXO

2. August 14, 2014 / 2:52 am

That sundress is just so perfect! Love these gorgeous pics of you! My beach go to outfit is a cotton jersey sundress over a bikini, with flip flops and yes, a big sun hat!

• August 14, 2014 / 6:16 am

I don't consider them streetwear, dear Dawn, but flip-flops are MUST for the beach!! And a hat really should be, too…glad to hear that you practise safe sun!! 🙂

• August 14, 2014 / 9:13 pm

Oh yes, dear Natalia…nothing makes me happier than a day spent at the beach (except maybe a day of shopping!!) ;D

3. August 15, 2014 / 5:15 am

Cute outfit! I am so jealous that you got to spend time at the beach, even if you're not a fan of the water. I haven't gotten the chance to go this summer although I have a floppy hat like yours and it seems like the perfect place to wear it:)
    xo Olivia

• August 15, 2014 / 2:22 pm

When I was growing up, my family's annual camping trip to Lake Huron was THE event of the summer, dear Olivia…I guess that's why being near the water has such a "feel good" affect on me!! But you could always wear your hat for a picnic by the pond at one of your local parks, right?! 😉

• August 15, 2014 / 2:33 pm

Thank you very much…and thank you for visiting, too!!

• August 16, 2014 / 11:53 pm

You are such a wonderful "cheerleader," dearest Maggie…always full of enthusiasm and support!! Thank you, thank you!! XOXO

• August 16, 2014 / 11:56 pm

Hi there, Pamela!! Thank you so much for visiting…I will gladly return the favour!! 🙂