Under…where?!

Believe it or not, but I purchased this lovely little camisole in a lingerie store many moons ago…and yes, it really is supposed to be underwear!!

Seriously, though…who would want to cover up such prettiness??  The bodice detail and the red-floral-on-white pattern are about as feminine as it gets; plus that gauzy fabric is ideal for a sweltering August afternoon.

Not that I’m complaining about our recent heatwave, by any means – I have a ton of warm-weather outfit options; far more than really makes sense for someone who lives in a country where summer typically only lasts about eight weeks.

These abbreviated boyfriends, for example; I found them at H&M back when spring first sprung several months ago, but I’m only now wearing them for the very first time!!  I love the contrast of the über-girlish top against the relaxed, slouchy feel of the denim shorts and my favourite Aldo booties… and even though layering my buffalo-checked, sleeveless shirt wasn’t exactly a necessity in the heat, I couldn’t resist adding one extra touch of tomboy to finish off my look!!

What’s your verdict on my attempt at “underwear as outerwear,” dear readers??  Have you ever experimented with something similar yourselves??

• August 12, 2014 / 2:45 am

Love your new little profile pic, dearest Maggie…it looks just like you!! 🙂 And as much as I admire an all-out masculine outfit on other women, I always have to add a girl-friendly detail (or two!) in order to truly feel like myself!! XO

• August 12, 2014 / 2:46 am

Thank you very much, Abdelkhalek…and thank you for visiting, too!!

1. August 12, 2014 / 12:41 am

That camisole is way too pretty to be hidden away under your clothes! You definitely made the right choice by promoting it to outwear – the print is so feminine and I love the way it contrasts with your plaid vest.
    xox,
    Cee

• August 12, 2014 / 2:53 am

Hello there, Cee!! Yep…that little cami was made to see the light of day!! I haven't worn it in quite a while, but it ended up being the perfect piece to "girl-ify" my boyfriend shorts and sleeveless shirt!! 🙂

• August 12, 2014 / 5:14 pm

When I added that sleeveless shirt as a vest over my camisole, my husband kind of gave me a funny look, dearest Dawn…sometimes men just have no idea, right?! 😉

• August 12, 2014 / 5:16 pm

Aww…thanks so much, dearest Anett!! I was really happy with the combination, too!!

2. August 12, 2014 / 3:04 am

Monika, thank you for your email! <3 I'm so happy I could help + the photos look fabulous – love the bigger size. Yes, definitley change the August ones too. You have my vote! And this look is lovely. I have a slip that I constantly wear as a dress, why not, so pretty – right?! Great choice on the cami!! xoxo

• August 12, 2014 / 5:33 pm

The whole 90's slipdress thing has made a comeback anyway, dearest Veronika, which makes me really happy…I've always loved the look!! And I will go back and upsize all my photos for August, too…as soon as the dust settles from the busy week I still have ahead of me!! XOXO

3. August 12, 2014 / 4:54 am

Why not….I'm guilty of doing that a couple of times esp. when it's a top as cute as this…..love how you toughened it up with those roll up denim shorts! BTW Rihanna does it all time….wearing her lingerie out in the streets!

Rebecca

• August 12, 2014 / 6:44 pm

And Madonna too…right, dear Rebecca?! I'd like to think that my "underwear as outerwear" look is just a little more subtle, though; not that I don't admire the confidence of those particular entertainers/stylistas!! 😉

4. August 12, 2014 / 1:17 pm

Liebe Monika, Dein Top sieht toll aus und um es nur drunter zu tragen – wäre es viel zu schade. Außerdem hast Du es so perfekt kombiniert, dass es nicht wie Unterwäsche wirkt. Ich mag den Mustermix mit Karo und Blumen.
    In Deutschland haben wir das gleiche Problem, wie Ihr in Canada. Leider ist die wirklich heiße Sommerzeit viel zu kurz und auch mein Kleiderschrank ist ausgestattet, als hätten wir monatelang 30 Grad Celsius und Sonne satt…. 😉 Leider ist es dieses Jahr besonders schlimm mit dem Sommerwetter – so richtig heißt wird es nicht und wenn doch, kommt sofort ein Gewitter und die Temperatur fällt um 15 Grad. Ich hoffe jetzt auf einen schönen Spätsommer – besser spät als nie.
    Eine schöne Woche wünsche ich Dir – alles Liebe, Conny <3

• August 12, 2014 / 8:08 pm

Wir haben hier in Vancouver dieses Jahr eigentlich sehr lange auf den Sommer gewartet, liebe Conny…hoffentlich passiert es bald für euch in Deutschland!! Mir hat die Karo-Veste mit meinem Top auch richtig gut gefallen…nur mein Mann war über den Look nicht ganz so sicher!! Aber schöne Bilder hat er trotzdem gemacht, denkst Du nicht?! I will do my best to send some sunshine your way, my dear!! XOXO

5. August 12, 2014 / 7:50 pm

Wow I can't even believe that this is lingerie. That's actually awesome and I can understand why you wouldn't want to cover it up! Great outfit, love:)
    xo Olivia

• August 13, 2014 / 5:11 am

Some underwear really is too pretty just to be "under" wear, dear Olivia…I'm so glad I was able to find the perfect way to show off this pretty cami!! XO

• August 13, 2014 / 5:09 pm

These BF shorts are a first for me, dear Lucy…and although the comfort level goes without saying, I'm kind of surprised by how flattering they actually are!! Thank you so much for visiting!! 🙂