A little flare

In keeping with my recent confessions about a certain little shopping “habit,” it will come as no surprise that I’ve been working on a wardrobe “purge” for the past couple of weeks…gotta make room for all those new fall additions, right?!  😉

My latest focus of attention happened to be my collection of jeans.  That I own virtually no other kind of trouser was really not news to me – I’m generally either very casual in denims, or “dressed up” in a dress or skirt! – but I was sort of taken aback by the fact that almost all of my jeans are of the skinny variety!!

You see, for as long as I can remember, I’ve nurtured a love affair with flares…to me, they seem somehow more sophisticated, and more daring, than your average pair of skinnies.

While jeans that tuck neatly into tall boots, or hover snuggly above the ankles, are wonderful support players when a look is all about the footwear…denims (or any pants) that flare??  Well!!  They kind of make a statement all on their own!!

And even though my jeans today fall into the slightly more subtle “boot-cut” category, I have to say that the wonderful fashion “flare” I crave was most definitely there!!

1. September 24, 2014 / 1:23 pm

These are great, don't purge them!
    I do love flares too. It's hard for me to find them in talls so I usually wear skinnies too.

• September 24, 2014 / 2:25 pm

These jeans are definitely staying, dear Joni!! If anything, I think I need to expand my flare options!! But just as you have challenges finding some that are long enough, I find that by the time I've had them hemmed to fit me, I've often lost the best part of the flare!! 🙁

2. September 24, 2014 / 3:52 pm

These jeans are adorable!! I have not ONE in my closet, but I´m searching already. I must have the good old bootcut jeans. Yours looks great and the top is amazing! Love how you are wearing it, at the back hanging out! Very lovely dear 🙂

have a great week
    Dana 🙂

• September 25, 2014 / 2:14 pm

Yes, you really should have at least one pair of flares or bootcuts in your wardrobe, dearest Dana…they're just so "cool!!" And of course I'm looking forward to seeing how you style them when you DO find your own perfect pair!! ;D

• September 25, 2014 / 3:27 pm

Thank you so much, dear Stella!! And thank you for your visit, too!! 🙂

• September 25, 2014 / 5:43 pm

Flares – and bootcuts – are PERFECT for a rockerish feel, don't you think?? And believe it or not, this is where I go grocery shopping every week…right on the Fraser River!! 🙂

3. September 24, 2014 / 11:58 pm

I also have a love affair with flares! I think they make our legs look soooo looong! Such a cute pair here and love the plaid top. … I'm also thinking about a closet purge. A much needed cleaning out! But so far … just thinking about it! lol.

• September 25, 2014 / 6:10 pm

Oh boy…I find I really need to be in the mood to do a full-on closet clean-out, dearest Dawn; so I know exactly what you mean!! That's why I usually just stick with my "one in/one out" rule; but if I'm up for it, occasionally tackling my ENTIRE wardrobe feels great!! And flares do have a way of visually lengthening the silhouette, don't they?? Another reason to love them!! XOXO

4. September 25, 2014 / 4:38 am

Liebe Monika,
    ausgestellt Jeans sehe ich in letzter Zeit wieder öfters und so langsam mag ich diesen erneut aufkommenden Trend auch wieder. Deine Jeans stehen dir fantastisch und auch die karierte Bluse passt gut dazu. Ich würde die Hose nicht aussortieren, ich bin sicher du kannst sie im Herbst noch oft tragen. Gruß Cla

• September 25, 2014 / 6:18 pm

Ja, liebe Cla…diese Jeans behalte ich noch!! Und ich hab' mir inzwischen "vielleicht" (ha ha!) ein weißes, ganz ausgestelltes paar dazu gekauft!! ;D

5. September 25, 2014 / 1:58 pm

Hehe, yup, I'm always purging, and shopping!! In fact just did that last night – with a glass of wine in hand no less. Makes the process that much funner!! 😉 And… I love me a pair of rad flare jeans, these ones look they were made for you + that just might be the prettiest plaid top ever!! xoxo

• September 25, 2014 / 6:33 pm

Gotta try the wine trick one of these days, dearest Veronika!! But tell me, does it help keep the momentum going, too?! That's always my biggest hurdle when I start my purging projects…which is funny, 'cause I never seem to run out of steam when I'm shopping!! ;D

6. September 26, 2014 / 9:26 am

I love flares too! This was the only model I wore until a few years ago, but now I'm comfortable with other styles as well. I used to think (and actually still kind of do) that skinny jeans only look good on 5 people out of 100, but flares look good almost on anyone – they are so much more flattering!

Bella Pummarola

• September 27, 2014 / 2:24 pm

I think the magic of flares is in the way they balance your silhouette, dearest Anette!! If you're curvy, they compliment that…and if you're more boyish, they add some extra "vavoom!!" I agree…flattering on virtually everybody!! 🙂

7. September 27, 2014 / 6:30 pm

Liebe Monika,
    diese Hose sieht phantastisch aus… und sie steht Dir super!!! Du hast recht, Flared Jeans sind die perfekten Begleiter für Boots und Booties und sie machen eine tolle Silhouette… Und Du hast sie richtig toll kombiniert – die karierte, ärmellose Bluse hätte ich auch gerne in meinem Schrank… und die Tasche auch… Ganz lieber Gruß, Conny

• September 29, 2014 / 4:20 am

Wenn ich mich nicht irre, liebe Conny, das erste mal daß ich Dein Blog besucht habe, hattest Du auch ein paar flared Jeans an; natürlich wußte ich dann sofort, daß wir uns gut verstehen würden!! ;D Und die Bluse ist das neueste in meine Sammlung von karierte Stücke…es freud mich, daß sie Dir auch gefällt!! XOXO