A matter of time

When I initially contemplated starting a personal style blog not quite a year ago (I can’t believe that my first anniversary is only a week away!) I felt confident that it would be something I’d genuinely enjoy doing.

Firstly, it would be a way to nurture my love of creative writing…after all, english had been my favourite subject in school!!  And I’ve always put a lot of thought into my “day off” outfits – no workout wear for me, even when I’m just running errands! – so all I needed to do was convince my ever-patient husband to take a few photos three times a week.

What I didn’t know then – but certainly do now! – is that this was only the tip of the iceberg as far as blogging goes!!  Creating a blog post that I was proud to share online was one thing…but suddenly, I was “meeting” more and more amazing fellow bloggers from around the world that I wanted to support; which meant visiting and commenting on a regular basis.

And when you also work full-time (and have various household responsibilities, too – as most of us do!) finding a few hours to do this visiting can often become a bit of a challenge…I’ve been known to give up some beauty sleep in favour of squeezing in a little extra blog time!!

But we’re in the same boat, dear readers, with the same number of minutes in each of our days; so if we’re feeling guilty about a lack of time (which I’ve been hearing a fair bit lately!) we need to remember… tomorrow is just around the corner!!

P.S. If you do find yourself with a few moments to spare, be sure to click on my link about “full-time work” above…it’s rather eye-opening!!

1. September 8, 2014 / 3:38 pm

I hear that, when I started my first blog Girl & Closet… I got anywhere from 75 – 150 comments. Wowza!! And I tried to respond to everyone!! Oh my gosh, it become a job onto itself + got kind of stressful… I too was choosing less sleep so I could comment & connect with all the lovely gals I'd met. And that dress?! Want it. I'm ready to steal your closet, just so you know!! 😉

• September 8, 2014 / 8:05 pm

Wow is right, dearest Veronika…how in the world did you manage to get so many comments?! On second thought, don't tell me; I love being able to respond to everyone that leaves a note…and I'm busy enough as it is!! P.S. I happen to know that your own wardrobe is pretty darn fine!! P.P.S. Are you a redhead yet?!

• September 9, 2014 / 1:43 pm

Crazy, right?! The blog just grew really quickly + I think it was during a time when commenting was really thriving in the blogesphere. I felt super thankful, but also overwhelmed. And as for my hair?! You betcha, dyed it red this weekend. There's a photo of it on my instagram!! xo

• September 9, 2014 / 9:12 pm

So, of course I checked your Instagram…gorgeous, just like I knew you would be!! XOXO

• September 8, 2014 / 8:09 pm

Those shoes ended up being a wonderful investment, dear Monica…they're so lightweight and comfortable, I could wear them every day!! 🙂

• September 9, 2014 / 8:47 pm

Sometimes my photographer (who happens to be my husband!) just makes me laugh SO much, dear Aurélie!! But other times, he's all business…and that's when my photos end up being more "serious!!" 😉

• September 9, 2014 / 8:59 pm

Thank you, Carmen…that's a lovely compliment!! 🙂 I've actually featured this dress several times already on my blog; it's a very versatile piece!! Thank you so much for visiting!!

• September 9, 2014 / 9:05 pm

We're ALL our most beautiful selves when we're laughing, don't you think, dearest Maggie?! You always laugh a lot in your own blog photos…and you always look amazing!! XOXO

2. September 9, 2014 / 11:21 pm

Haha blogging is such an exciting journey, isn't it? 🙂 I absolutely love your outfit today, this dress looks amazing on you! Beautiful color and perfect accessories, too!

• September 10, 2014 / 4:06 am

Blogging IS an exciting journey, dearest Anett…and as with any journey, there's bound to be a few challenges along the way!! But I'm having fun (as you can see from these photos!) and learning as I go…and the very best part of all?? Connecting with fellow style fanatics – like you!! 😀

3. September 10, 2014 / 4:59 pm

This dress look stunning on you! Has it been a year, Dear? Wow! Though I love it, blogging certainly is a time eater! I'm still learning to balance it all for sure.

• September 11, 2014 / 3:55 am

Exactly a year on the fifteenth, dearest Dawn!! 😀 And finding that perfect balance between real world and blogosphere will most likely always be a work-in-progress…but I'm positive that we're both up for the challenge!! XOXO

4. September 12, 2014 / 4:02 pm

Dein Kleif ist klasse und seht dir gut. Die Tasche ist auch zum verlieben.
    Grüße Cla