Being me

As much as I’m a firm believer that experimenting with your look is really important – and a lot of fun! – I also know there’s nothing like wearing pieces that make you feel utterly comfortable…and exactly like yourself!!

These striped jeans are fast becoming one of my most favourites pairs; I feel like a rock star when I have them on!!  (Am I allowed to say that?!)

And when I wore my plaid shirt in my “Do’s and don’ts” post just a couple of weeks ago, I thought it had a prematurely autumn-ish vibe…but now, together with the striped skinnies, the look is somehow perfectly appropriate for a late summer day, don’t you think??

The shoes, of course, had to be my reliable Aldo booties (as I’ve mentioned several times before, they seem to go with everything!); then I added my floppy felt hat and my chain-mail crossbody bag…and suddenly, my finished outfit was totally, completely and entirely me!!

P.S. Happy Labour Day to all my dear Canadian and American readers…I hope you’re enjoying the long weekend!!  🙂

1. September 2, 2014 / 1:45 am

You're looking fabulous. Love the stripes + plaid combo… so freakin gorgeous! And I hear ya, there's nothing better than those pieces you feel most like yourself in. Hope you had the best long weekend. We sure did, so great getting all that rest!! <3

• September 2, 2014 / 5:45 am

My two favourite patterns together in one outfit gave me lots to smile about, dearest Veronika!! And having a three-day weekend was just what the doctor ordered; but I'll admit that I'm a little sad, too, because it was the last one of the summer. Seriously…where did the time go?!

2. September 2, 2014 / 7:54 pm

There's nothing like wearing your favourite jeans!
    Looks fab.

• September 2, 2014 / 10:46 pm

Thanks, dear Zoe!! I can't believe I waited as long as I did to jump into the striped jeans "pool"…I love these SO much!! XO

• September 3, 2014 / 5:44 am

Thanks, Monica…I'm so thrilled with how this combination turned out!! 🙂

• September 3, 2014 / 7:35 pm

Thank you, Marina…and thank you very much for visiting, too!! 🙂

3. September 3, 2014 / 10:06 am

This is my favorite look on you so far dear Monika. You are rocking those jeans like a rock star. WOW. xo

• September 3, 2014 / 7:48 pm

Honestly, it's one of MY absolute favourites, as well, dearest Elsie…but it makes me very happy to hear that you like it, too!! XOXO