Free love

There’s a new game in town for me, dear readers…the first Free People boutique in Vancouver has finally opened!!

If you’re not familiar with the brand, I’ll tell you right now that it’s quite simply “heaven on earth” for girls with a taste for bohemian style (I’m not ashamed to say that I was practically drooling when I walked through those doors!!)

Thanks to my mom and mom-in-law, I had some birthday money tucked in my wallet – I celebrated last weekend! – but I was pretty sure it wouldn’t be safe for long.

And boy, was that the truth!!  I immediately fell head-over-heels with absolutely everything (of course!) …but especially with this scrumptiously textured, shaggy knit jacket!!  The wool blend makes it super-cozy (which I actually didn’t need on this warmish late-summer day, but hello! I just had to show it off!) so I know it’s going to take me comfortably right through autumn’s cooler temperatures.

Am I crazy to love the hippie vibe of this sweater so much??  Please let me know what you think!!

• September 6, 2014 / 5:15 pm

Shopping at Free People is a splurge for sure, dearest Dawn; I'm gonna have to pace myself!! But since that sweater was essentially a birthday gift, I didn't really blow my budget…THIS time!! 😉

1. September 7, 2014 / 5:53 pm

Monika I saw that you added a favicon on your blog…. brilliant, I'm so glad it worked! It makes such a difference!! And I LOVE this sweater – it's totally you and totally "matches" your hair!! Great choice!

Catherine, Not Dressed As Lamb x

• September 7, 2014 / 7:20 pm

Hello, dearest Catherine!! Your idea to have a favicon/profile photo that "matches" across the board is an excellent idea; one of these days, I'll find the time to set that up!! And I'm so thrilled that you like my shaggy sweater…it won't be everyone's taste, I know, but I think it's the perfect "personality" piece!! 😀

2. September 7, 2014 / 9:55 pm

Happy belated birthday, Monika! I think this shaggy jacket was meant to be yours – not just anyone could pull of this look but on you it's so natural! Love it! And yes, summer is back indeed – but I'm stubbornly wearing my new boots anyway 😉
    xox,
    Cee

• September 8, 2014 / 2:22 pm

Just like I insisted on wearing my new woolly sweater, right dear Cee?! And thank you so much for the birthday wishes…my husband took me out to my favourite Indian restaurant to celebrate!! Yum!! 🙂

• September 8, 2014 / 2:26 pm

It's going to be difficult to stay away from that Free People store, dear Natalia…but I'd better do a little saving before my next visit!! 😉