Granny chic

I say I’m going to keep hanging on to summery looks for as long as possible…but a little touch of autumn seems to be creeping in despite my best efforts!!

In my defence, it was depressingly overcast and rainy today; until – perfect luck! – the sun started peeking out through the clouds just in time to shoot these photos.  By then, I didn’t really need this oversized, slouchy cardigan anymore…but I liked the combination too much to take it off!!  (If you want to see the dress without the sweater, you can check out my “Green envy” post.)

But if there is anything, sartorially speaking, that I’m looking forward to with respect to the chilly weather that’s just around the corner, rocking my leather beanie would be it!!  It’s one of those pieces that always makes every outfit just a bit more chic and edgy…and it always makes me happy when I’m wearing it, too!!

What about you, dear readers…do you have a special never-fails-to-make-you-feel-good item in your wardrobe??  I’d love to hear about it!!

1. September 22, 2014 / 3:09 pm

Haha the title of this post made me smile 😀 You look amazing, this is probably one of my favorite outfits from you. Super stylish, perfectly coordinated and a little bit romantic. Love it!!

Bella Pummarola

• September 23, 2014 / 2:30 am

I was hoping the title would get a giggle, dear Anett…glad to hear that it worked!! ;D And I'm SO happy that you're a fan of this outfit; I always say "I wear what I like," but it's a wonderful feeling when someone else really likes it, too!! XOXO

• September 23, 2014 / 10:08 pm

Thank you so much, dear Maggie…I really FELT wonderful in this outfit!! 🙂

2. September 23, 2014 / 2:04 pm

I love absolutely everything here. Probably would love everything in your wardrobe in general. That hat is very unique. My favorite thing that makes me feel good are berets. In fact, if I'm wearing one in a dressing room it makes all the clothes look cute. So I have to take it off in order to tell if I'd really like it in general. Hats just really make an outfit in my opinion. But if I didn't have to wear really supportive shoes I'd probably feel that way about those too!

• September 23, 2014 / 10:40 pm

You know that hypothetical question about what you would save if there was a fire?? Well, dear Joni…besides my husband and my ferrets, it would probably be this hat!! And I know EXACTLY what you mean about your berets making everything (and anything!) else you wear look cute!! ;D So nice to have you visit again!!

• September 23, 2014 / 10:52 pm

From one Monika (or Monica!) to another…here's to "granny chic!! 😉

3. September 23, 2014 / 3:43 pm

I love the subtle hints of fall in your outfit, Monika! It makes for a gorgeous look and totally perfect for this early fall weather!! And hehe, best title! 😉

• September 24, 2014 / 12:22 am

One way or another, dearest Veronika…autumn seems bound and determined to make an appearance!! Still, I think this look is very appropriate for "late summer," as well…so I don't feel like I strayed TOO far from my sartorial goal!! P.S. I wasn't sure about the title at first; but why not have some fun with it, right?! 😀

• September 24, 2014 / 2:16 pm

Wishing you a day to feel – and look! – amazing, too, dearest Maggie!! XOXO

• September 25, 2014 / 5:48 am

That is a really lovely compliment, dearest Dawn…thank you so much!! XOXO

4. September 25, 2014 / 4:40 am

Liebe Monika,

gerne trage ich meine Sommerkleider auch noch im Herbst. Einfach so einen hübschen Cardigan trüber und schon ist so ein Kleid Herbst tauglich. Das Käppchen auf deinem Kopf steht dir ganz ganz toll, wie für dich gemacht.

• September 25, 2014 / 6:12 am

Der Hut ist für mich ein ganz besonderes Lieblingsstück, liebe Cla…und vielleicht der einziger Grund, warum ich nicht total traurig bin, daß unser Sommer fast vorüber ist!! ;D