Last hurrah!

I’m so sad to be saying it, dear readers…but I have a feeling that this might be my very last summer look of the year!!  Sniff!!

And after all my recent posts about shopping, I thought it would be the perfect time to show you one of my closet mainstays instead…you know, for a little change of pace!!  Believe it or not, this simple floral slip-dress has been part of my wardrobe for over twenty years!!

It’s been a go-to for patio dinners, a couple of weddings – even our own anniversary! – and with its flattering silhouette and green-and-blue colour palette, it never fails to feel fresh!!  For more casual affairs, I love it with my suede, knee-high boots…they add a little “edge” that balances out the sweetness of the dress just perfectly.

My husband tells me this combination is one of his all-time favourite looks; and I have to admit that it’s one of mine, too!!

1. September 26, 2014 / 3:46 pm

Wow, you have had that dress a very long time! I don't think I've ever owned anything that long besides one of my kids. 😉 It looks very fresh on you indeed. I think you look great in either a fresh feminine look or as a rocker chic!

• September 27, 2014 / 2:36 pm

I guess the dress practically qualifies as vintage, doesn't it, dear Joni?! But it never fails to make me feel good when I have it on…which is the ultimate secret of a piece with true staying power!! XO

2. September 27, 2014 / 4:14 pm

Wow Monika – over twenty years… this is such a long time!!! I'm impressed, that you can wear it today – it fits perfectly and with this beautiful flowerprint it is really timeless.
    But most of all I love this amazing boots… and together with this dress it is the perfect combination. And of course the pic with nose in the gerbera is my favourite. 🙂 You have so a nice dimple.
    I hope you have a wonderful weekend? Dear greetings from Bavaria, Conny

• September 29, 2014 / 4:34 am

The flower-print sort of looks like Gerberas too, doesn't it, dearest Conny?! And it's no secret that I love combining a little dress with a pair of boots…I think having your legs more covered up is the perfect way to balance out all the "bareness" up above!! XOXO

3. September 28, 2014 / 2:11 am

Very cute!

Theloveofmary.blogspot.com

• September 29, 2014 / 4:40 am

Thank you, Mary…and thank you for visiting, too!!

4. September 28, 2014 / 4:21 am

You dress is really pretty! It seems like summer is never ending here in Los Angeles, and I'm still wearing so many summer outfits. Thanks for stopping by my blog recently and leaving a comment. I will follow from now on through Bloglovin, hope you will follow me back as well! :))

Cheers,
    Tania

• September 29, 2014 / 5:00 am

Your "follow" on Bloglovin is a wonderful compliment, dear Tania…and one that I am very happy to return!! Thank you so much!! 🙂

5. September 29, 2014 / 4:52 am

Pretty dress Monika! I think you are right – Fall definitely is upon us! But this past week in Ontario has been so warm – Summer items are still lingering.

Lauren xo
    Sophisticated In Style

• September 29, 2014 / 9:08 pm

Summers in Canada are quite simply waaay too short…but maybe that makes them all the sweeter, dear Lauren!! Thank you so much for your visit…and for your little note, too!! 🙂

6. September 29, 2014 / 10:46 am

Wow this dress definitely doesn't seem 20 years old! It's very pretty and I can see why you would want to wear it again and again. This is a great look!

Bella Pummarola

• September 29, 2014 / 9:22 pm

See?! As much as I always love having something new to wear, dearest Anett…I do have a FEW pieces that survive my continuous wardrobe overhaul!! ;D