Recipe for success

I’ve got all kinds of pattern and texture going on in this look, dear readers…but my favourite colour palette (black and white, of course!) ties things together quite nicely, don’t you think?!

The quilted, faux-leather jacket (you saw it last in my “Pink haze” post) and my nylon backpack were sort of “non-negotiables” for this afternoon; we had intermittent rain most of the day, but managed to just squeeze in this round of photos before the next shower started.

Ah, the joys of autumn in Vancouver!!  Truthfully though, you’ll hear no complaints from me…we’ve had so much lovely weather recently that I can hardly believe that October – and Thanksgiving! – are right around the corner!!

Which reminds me….I’d better start looking for my go-to, gluten-free pumpkin pie recipe!!

• September 30, 2014 / 2:28 pm

Theses shoes are surprisingly comfortable, dear Stella…and add some nice contrast to my slouchy boyfriend jeans, don't you think?! 😉

• September 30, 2014 / 8:06 pm

Thank you, dear Raphaela…it's so nice to have you visit again!! I promise I will stop by your blog again very soon; I've missed seeing what's new with you!! 🙂

1. September 30, 2014 / 12:57 am

This outfit came together beautifully. Love that jacket and backpack together. Plus yup, feel ya on the fall weather in Vancouver. Fingers crossed for more sun soon!! And I'm sooooo excited for Thanksgiving, it's my favourite!! xo

• September 30, 2014 / 8:18 pm

The sun is shining again right now, dearest Veronika…you must have good weather "connections!!" ;D Since I'm not much of a cook, I'm always happy when we get a Thanksgiving dinner invitation elsewhere (which we have!)…baking the pumpkin pie for dessert I can manage!!

2. September 30, 2014 / 7:25 pm

I'd wear this whole outfit head to toe! You look perfect!
    Fashion Should Be Fun

• September 30, 2014 / 8:59 pm

This outfit would make a great "cool teacher" look, wouldn't it, dearest Dawn?! I can totally see you rockin' your own version!! XOXO

3. September 30, 2014 / 8:02 pm

Wow – Du schaust so gut aus liebe Monika… <3 Das ist ein Outfit ganz nach meinem Geschmack!!! Das Streifentop passt wundervoll zu Deiner lässigen Boyfriend-Jeans – perfekt!!! Und diese wundervolle Tasche…. wirklich genial…
    Und Du hast recht, jetzt ist schon fast Oktober, da sind die Regenschauer ganz normal… auch hier in Deutschland…
    Ich wünsche Dir eine schöne Woche, lieber Gruß nach Canada – Conny

• September 30, 2014 / 8:55 pm

Ja liebe Conny…mit dem Regen müßen wir irgendwie zufrieden sein; wir können es sowieso nicht endern!! Diese Jacke hält ein bißchen Nässe gut ab…aber ich hab' so viele Pullis die ich jetzt für denn Herbst gerne tragen möchte; hoffentlich kriegen wir inzwischen auch mal etwas Sonnenschein!!

4. September 30, 2014 / 8:55 pm

Lovely outfit, although I am being endlessly distracted by the animal print bag!

zoeoulton.blogspot.co.uk

• October 1, 2014 / 4:19 am

No such thing as a bad animal print…right, dear Zoe?! XO