Spots and dots

Do you ever throw together a few pieces just for the heck of it…and end up being pleasantly surprised by the result?!

That’s kind of what happened with this look!!  I’ll usually build each of my outfits around a single “must wear” item; whether it’s inspired by the weather (teehee!)…or my mood…or simply because it hasn’t seen the light of day in a while.  Today, I just had to wear my flared, leopard-print skirt!!

If my have-to-wear-it pick isn’t footwear (and I’m certain that I’m not the only one that sometimes works from the ground up when getting dressed!) then my shoes are generally the next on the selection list. Before my accident, I didn’t give much thought to how long I might be on my feet that particular day – I could wear even my highest heels for hours without trouble – but now, unfortunately, it’s a consideration. My Aldo booties, however, are always a safe bet!!

But this sleeveless blouse was where I veered from careful planning to “seat of my pants” territory today!! I mean…spots and dots??  In one outfit??

I’m confident I’m not wrong to love how well this turned out, though, dear readers…chalk another one up to some personal style experimentation!!  πŸ˜‰

1. September 17, 2014 / 1:40 pm

Monika, this is a gorgeous look. I love those two patterns together and the booties were the perfect choice as well!! <3 As for me? Absolutely love throwing pieces together and experimenting. In fact, for fall I'd like to do more of that… so fun trying new looks and styles! xo

• September 17, 2014 / 6:44 pm

Hello, my little early bird!! πŸ™‚ It's always such a treat to wake up in the morning and find a message from you waiting for me, dearest Veronika…it puts a smile on my face every time (and I'm most definitely NOT a morning person!!) I'm really trying – despite the title of my last post! – to limit my new purchases a wee bit, and "shop" my closet instead!! XOXO

2. September 17, 2014 / 8:23 pm

What a fun outfit! Looks great on you! mywhiteT.com

• September 18, 2014 / 3:20 am

Thank you very much, Jessi…and thank you for visiting, too!! πŸ™‚

3. September 18, 2014 / 7:02 pm

I have to admit I'm surprised that these two prints work so well together. Who would have thought? πŸ™‚ They complement each other really well and that lovely belt is just the cherry on top!

Bella Pummarola

• September 19, 2014 / 2:39 am

Kinda surprised me, too, dear Anett!! And the belt was one of those unexpected shopping finds that I'm glad I didn't leave behind…I think accessories are almost always a good investment, don't you?? You get a lot of "bang" for your buck!! πŸ˜‰

• September 21, 2014 / 3:43 pm

Thank you, dear Rebecca!! I'm pretty good at visualizing how certain pieces will look together…but this combination worked out better than I could have imagined!! πŸ™‚

4. September 19, 2014 / 10:48 am

Hallo Monika, bin hier via Conny gelandet… Welche Foundation trΓ€gst Du denn auf den obigen Bildern? Dein Gesicht sieht absolut flawless und "ungekleistert" auch! Top! LG Pia

• September 21, 2014 / 4:21 pm

Hallo Pia…danke fΓΌr den Besuch!! Ich gebrauche Mineral-Foundation schon fΓΌr mehrere Jahr; aber gute Beleuchtung hilft auch!! πŸ˜‰

5. September 19, 2014 / 10:51 am

Opps, sorry, I thought you are a German girl (because of blogspot.de). So my question referred to you foundation; your skin looks amazing in the pictures above. What did you used?

• September 21, 2014 / 4:04 pm

I guess I'm sort of a German girl, dear Pia…I was born in Canada, but both my parents are German!! πŸ˜‰ I've used a mineral powder foundation for years (different brands, but my current one is by Tarte) with a BB cream underneath…and concealer!!

6. September 21, 2014 / 4:57 pm

Hello there, I've just read your common on my blog. In German. πŸ™‚ Well, I am not a fan of powder foundations but on a face without wrinkles it does look amazing… On your face it certainly does!