Back to nature

I’ll admit it…many moons ago, I was one of those girls who thought you should never wear brown and black together!!

So silly, right?!  I mean, we see it in the world around us all the time – brown and black horses, brown and black dogs; even insects and rocks are often variations of those two colours.  Mother Nature knows what she’s doing!!

But I do think it’s a colour palette that we usually associate with autumn…especially when you add some green (like I did) or gold or orange to the mix.  What I wasn’t expecting, however, were the very mild temperatures that we were fortunate enough to enjoy today; my tights, army jacket and brand-new tasselled scarf had me feeling a little over-dressed in the layers department!!

There you go…serves me right for believing the weather forecast!!  ðŸ˜‰

1. October 20, 2014 / 1:29 pm

I like your hair) beautiful dress))

mary-tur.ru

• October 20, 2014 / 5:18 pm

I wore this dress in the summer with bare legs and flats, dear Mary; but now I'm thinking that it looks even better this way…with tights and booties!! And I promise to pass along your compliment about my 'do to my hairstylist!! 🙂

2. October 21, 2014 / 1:37 am

This fall weather is definitely all over the place but at least you look fabulous! I have to admit I rarely rare brown and black but seeing it on you makes me want to wear more of it! The green vest is a nice touch!

Rebecca

• October 21, 2014 / 2:24 pm

You may not do a lot of brown and black together, dear Rebecca, but you DO wear many beautiful colour combinations that are way more adventurous than I tend to be!! I'm happiest in my neutrals…but I'm always ready for some inspiration, too!! 🙂

• October 21, 2014 / 7:52 pm

It does kind of look like I'm wearing a vest, dear Maggie…but the (contrasting) sleeves are actually part of the jacket!! The dress itself is sleeveless; perfect for summer, and for layering now that autumn has arrived!! 🙂

• October 22, 2014 / 5:42 am

Yes, dear Thais…this floaty, polka-dotted dress really IS the definition of comfortable!! Thank you so much for visiting…and for taking the time to leave a little note!! 🙂

3. October 21, 2014 / 1:06 pm

I always wear brown and black together haha 🙂 Also, brown and and blue is one of my favorite combinations, even though in Italy it seems to be a big no-no (I have no idea why)…Love the layering in this outfit, so perfect for fall and that bag is gorgeous!

Bella Pummarola

• October 22, 2014 / 5:46 am

Oooh…brown and blue are AMAZING together, dearest Anett!! You go right ahead and keep wearing that combination; I know you'll change those Italian minds in no time!! ;D

4. October 21, 2014 / 2:08 pm

Oh you look darling, Monika!! Yes, I love brown and black together… one of my favourite combos in fact! Mother nature definitely knows what she's doing when it comes to colour. And your scarf?! SO lovely!! xo

• October 22, 2014 / 5:56 am

I finally have a scarf with tassels, dearest Veronika…yippee!! And when it comes to colours – do any of them really NOT go together?? A field of wildflowers in every shade couldn't be prettier, right?! 😉

5. October 22, 2014 / 10:04 am

So funny.. I always thought the same, but then I bought some beautiful peaces with this colors together and… it works!! We had the same thought at the same time, I also wear in my current blogpost brown and black together in a snake animal print! You also have on your bag! 😉
    You look absolutely lovely in this dress, the scarf is very nice and I LOVE this awesome shoes!!

have a beautiful day dear friend
    Dana 🙂

• October 23, 2014 / 3:11 am

That's right, dearest Dana…snake-print is another black and brown combination that equals fashion fabulousness!! And of course I am very much looking forward to checking out how you wear it in your newest outfit post!! XOXO

• October 23, 2014 / 3:23 am

Thank you SO much, dear Cissy!! I am always absolutely dazzled by your own stunning – and very editorial! – looks, so I'll take that as a huge compliment!! 🙂