Fashion and fur babies

If you’ve visited my profile page – or follow me on Instagram! – then you know that my husband and I are the proud “parents” of three adorable ferrets!!

Don’t know much about them??  A lot of people don’t…so I thought it would be fun to share a little “Ferret 101” with you today, dear readers!!

Ferrets are not wild animals, as many people believe; they are descended from European polecats (just like dogs are descended from wolves) and have actually been domesticated for over 2000 years.  Their more distant cousins include weasels, minks, and otters…and although they were originally bred to help hunt small animals, most ferrets nowadays are perfectly content to enjoy carefree lives as beloved, four-legged family members!!

Our own little troupe is made up of two boys, “Badger” and “Griffin,” and a girl named “Flora”…who actually showed up as a stray at the veterinary clinic where I work!!  You never know, they might just appear in an outfit post one of these days…but in the meantime, keep checking my Instagram account for pics!!

1. October 8, 2014 / 7:26 pm

Loved reading about your groovy ferrets

• October 9, 2014 / 12:06 am

They make us laugh every day with their antics, dear Zoe!! 😀

2. October 8, 2014 / 8:29 pm

Can't wait to see one of your fur babies on your blog, but in the meantime, I have to be better about checking my IG! Love this cool boho dress, with the boots and that fab purse!

• October 9, 2014 / 12:14 am

I LOVE Instagram, dearest Dawn…but there just never seem to be enough hours in a day, right?! And even though I've worn this dress on the blog before, this was the first time I was able to show off the pretty back detail!! XOXO

• October 9, 2014 / 6:12 pm

Oh I'd love to see them on your blog sometime!! I didn't know you worked at a veterinary clinic, how awesome! This job wouldn't be a god idea for me though, because I would take in all the stray animals… 😀 Your dress is so so pretty, I'd love to steal it from you! 😉

Bella Pummarola

• October 10, 2014 / 5:33 am

I'm sure our little guys will make a surprise appearance at some point, dearest Anett!! And yes, it's really difficult sometimes to resist taking home the strays…definitely a "hazard" of the job!! P.S. I've seen you rocking a sweater-dress for your own blog; so I happen to know you'd look AMAZING in this one!! 😉

3. October 9, 2014 / 11:41 am

I´ve seen one of them and I fell in love at first sight, they are sooooo cute! A friend of mine had twor ferrets, it´s a lot of fun playing with them!
    Must say I also fell in love with your dress.. it´s beautiful! The colors and pattern and this gorgeous detail in the back. A very nice outfit for fall dear Monika 🙂

have a wonderful day dear friend
    Dana 🙂

• October 10, 2014 / 5:45 am

Sweater-dresses can be tricky sometimes, dearest Dana…but the scooped neckline and fine texture of this one make it quite flattering, I think!! And even though ferrets might not be a good match for everyone, my husband and I couldn't imagine life without them!! XOXO

• October 10, 2014 / 6:04 am

So nice to hear from you again, dear Jasmine!! Isn't it wonderful how "fur babies" find their way into our hearts?? Dogs, cats, ferrets…they ALL become such important members of the family!! P.S. I would be very happy to follow you on Instagram!! 🙂

4. October 10, 2014 / 6:48 pm

Aw, so cute learning a little more about your fur fam + what wonderful names! And I love that you work at a veterinary clinic. I'm hugely animal obsessed and if we had a house I'm sure it would be a mini zoo, much to Martin's dismay! 😉 And this dress is perfection on you… that belt, boots and BAG are fabulous!! xo

• October 12, 2014 / 4:21 pm

Working at a veterinary clinic is both wonderful and (sometimes) heartbreaking, dearest Veronika. And the mini zoo thing is bound to happen…at various times, I was also pet parent to a cat, a rabbit, and a hedgehog, too!! But ferrets definitely hold a special place in my heart; and I am very lucky that Robin feels the same way!! XOXO