Love story

It was another case of “love at first sight” for me, dear readers!!

Right next to the heavenly Free People boutique that finally opened here in Vancouver last month, we also have an equally divine Anthropologie store.  And that’s where I found this super-cool, drapey shirtdress!!

Honestly, I couldn’t tell you why I simply had to try it on the moment I saw it there on the rack…granted, it’s a very subtle plaid (my pattern obsession of the moment!) but it’s also the kind of dress that really has no “hanger appeal.”  There’s no defined waist; no sleeve detail; no fancy buttons or embellishment of any kind.  In fact, if it was a shirt – rather than a shirtdress – I know I likely wouldn’t have given it a second glance.

But, as a dress, it has a whole other level of appeal…a sort of minimalistic edginess that looks as great with my Nine West sandals today, as I know it will look with tights and boots (and maybe my moto jacket!) when our weather eventually becomes less friendly.

Do you ever find yourself inexplicably falling in love with a piece that normally wouldn’t turn your head?? I’m looking forward to hearing your story!!

• October 6, 2014 / 1:23 am

Plaids and stripes seem to be all I want to wear right now, dearest Dawn!! It's a nice switch-up from my basic black, though…so I'm not complaining!! XOXO

1. October 4, 2014 / 3:36 pm

I love when you find an item and it is love at first sight! I don't own a dress shirt myself as like you said they have no hanger appeal but I really should give one a try and a chance! Yours is really pretty and the plaid pattern is perfect for fall! The button at the back of the dress sure makes a fabulous design detail! I can't wait to see you style this again when the weather is no so nice anymore!

Rebecca

• October 6, 2014 / 1:30 am

Somehow, that one tiny button adds a whole lot of interest to the back of the dress, doesn't it, dear Rebecca?? And even though it doesn't create any actual waist definition, it makes this shirtdress FEEL like a dress, and not just an oversized…shirt!! P.S. I say "go for it" and give one a try for yourself; you might be pleasantly surprised!! 🙂

• October 6, 2014 / 1:36 am

Those particular shoes are proof that some high heels truly can be comfortable, dear Stella…even for a whole afternoon of walking around!! And I'm happy to hear that you think my dress is as awesome as I do!! 😉

2. October 6, 2014 / 4:50 am

I don't blame you – that plaid dress is so cute – so in love with the shape & length! Why don't you link up this post or any OOTD post this week to the TREND SPIN linkup which I am co-hosting with Laura and Erin. This linkup goes live starting Monday at 1am PST…hope to see your pretty face there!

Rebecca

• October 6, 2014 / 9:25 pm

I'd love to be part of your linkup, dear Rebecca…thank you!! And thank you, too, for the shirtdress love; it's always so nice to get a little validation for our obsessions, isn't it?! 😉

• October 6, 2014 / 9:35 pm

Your little notes never fail to make me smile, dearest Maggie…thank you!! XOXO

• October 6, 2014 / 9:38 pm

Obrigado!! Thank you so much for your visit, Nequéren!! 🙂

• October 8, 2014 / 5:51 am

Aww…thank you so much, dear Beata!! I'm so happy that you visited today; hope you'll be back soon!! 🙂

• October 8, 2014 / 6:10 am

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit, dear Jessica!! And yes, the dress is wonderfully comfortable…pretty AND easy-to-wear is a fabulous combination, don't you think?! 😉