Paisley and pleather

Happy Halloween, dear readers!!

I don’t know how long I’m still going to get away with wearing a skirt without tights this season – it’s the end of October, after all! – but can you blame me for taking advantage while I can?!

When I snagged this pretty paisley blouse at Forever 21 a couple of weeks ago (you saw it once already in my “Luxe lynx” post) I couldn’t resist also bringing home this really cute, light grey pleather mini-skirt!! They were totally made for each other!!

And my knee-high suede boots and blue linen jacket added the perfect finishing touches to the slightly 60’s-inspired combination…I love the way they pick up the colours from the patterned top!!

So even though this skirt was not originally on my shopping radar, I don’t regret my little splurge; I’ve already got ideas for working it into a few other looks!!

1. October 31, 2014 / 8:06 pm

Love Forever21, the bag is pretty cool too. Our weather is finally turning tomorrow. Today has been the warmest Halloween on record. Time to get the warm gear out xx

• November 1, 2014 / 5:10 pm

I'm honestly surprised at the great quality of some of the pieces I've found at Forever 21, dear Zoe…this little skirt is even lined!! And that slate-coloured satchel was a gift from my Dad a couple of years ago; he's got pretty good taste, doesn't he?! 🙂

2. October 31, 2014 / 11:41 pm

Love this 70's inspired outfit! The blouse is so gorgeous and those suede boots look so comfortable!

Bella Pummarola

• November 1, 2014 / 5:13 pm

These boots are probably the most versatile pair I own, dearest Anett…I swear they look good with EVERYTHING!! And you're right, the "peasant" style and paisley pattern of my blouse is a little bit 70's…but the skirt is definitely 60's all the way, don't you think?! XOXO

• November 1, 2014 / 5:41 pm

Thank you, thank you, dear Stella!! I started my blog as kind of a personal style "diary" for myself…but I'll admit that having an appreciative audience makes it SO much more fun!! XOXO

• November 1, 2014 / 5:49 pm

Your little notes always put a big smile on my face, dearest Dawn!! 😀 Funnily enough, there was a time when I really wasn't a fan of 1960's and 1970's styles…but now I can't seem to get enough of them!! XOXO

• November 3, 2014 / 3:59 am

Every time I resign myself to the idea that Vancouver's mild weather is truly over for the year, it manages to surprise me again, dear Tania!! Of course, we haven't had temperatures like those in L.A. – you lucky girl! – but I'm very happy that bare legs are still doable!! 😉

3. November 3, 2014 / 2:11 am

I found your blog and the adorable name just drew me right in! I love this sixties-inspired look – i never would have guessed that the top is Forever 21, it looks so unique and vintage! Also your makeup is really beautiful. Looking forward to more upcoming posts, have a wonderful week!
    xoxo Rachel F.
    allsfairinloveandwardrobe.wordpress.com

• November 3, 2014 / 4:28 am

I'm very happy that you found me, dear Rachel…it's always so nice to meet a fellow fashion enthusiast!! And the name of my blog?? It's inspired by the British use of the word "pudding" to describe desserts of all kinds!! 🙂

• November 3, 2014 / 6:57 pm

Some pieces are just too good to leave behind, dear Jenny…even if they don't exactly happen to be on the shopping list!! That's part of the fun, right?!

• November 3, 2014 / 7:10 pm

The soft colours of this blouse work with pretty much everything else in my wardrobe, dearest Maggie…it definitely won't be long before you see it again!! I'm so glad that you like it!! XOXO

4. November 3, 2014 / 9:02 pm

Wow Monika, this pics are great… I love the light – your look really amazing… And your outfit ist also amazing… The skirt together with this great boots is a perfect combination. Paisley is my favourite pattern and so it is only a question of time, that I would come over, to have a very intensive look in your closet… 🙂
    Conny – xoxo <3

• November 4, 2014 / 5:32 am

You never know, dearest Conny…the opportunity to visit each other's closets really might happen one of these days!! In the meantime, I'm always so happy when you have a few moments to visit me here on my blog…and I'm thrilled that you like this outfit, too!! XOXO