Short cut

So…remember the denim skirt (from my “Skirting the issue” post) that my hubby thrifted for me??  The one that I was contemplating turning into a cut-off skirt??

Well, this is not it!!  I actually found this one – my “ideal” version, with a raw hem and the perfect length – at Forever 21 this past weekend!!

It sits a little lower on my hips than my thrifted skirt does, which I kind of prefer for this very casual style. And look at that pocket detail…so cute, right?!

I layered my chocolate-coloured, cropped cardigan over this basic white tank because the day was a little breezy, but it actually wasn’t absolutely necessary; I felt just fine with both bare legs and bare arms.

Not bad for the start of October, I’d say!!  😉

1. Anonymous
    October 1, 2014 / 7:14 pm

you look phantastic!!!! your haircolor is perfect. great woman!!!

renate

2. October 1, 2014 / 10:47 pm

Hot hot hot. Love this fabulous outfit dear Monika. Simply chic.

• October 2, 2014 / 2:16 pm

Hello, dear Elsie!! I've got all my favourite elements happening in this look – denim, a great pair of boots, and a comfy sweater – so I'm happy as a clam…can you tell?! ;D

3. October 1, 2014 / 11:40 pm

That skirt is perfect, love the lower waist and the back is SO cute. Looking gorgeous Monika. Plus, all the accessories are just darn perfect!! xoxo

• October 2, 2014 / 2:25 pm

A cut-off skirt like this kind of NEEDS to be a little low-slung, don't you agree, dear Veronika?? It's just more "cool" that way!! XO

• October 3, 2014 / 2:18 pm

Thank you Cissy…and thank you so much for visiting, too!! Please come again!! 🙂

4. October 2, 2014 / 9:51 am

This skirt is great, so now you don't have to alter the other one 😉 I love your cropped cardi, I was looking for something like this for fall/winter.

Bella Pummarola

• October 3, 2014 / 2:31 pm

I WAS a little worried that I might ruin my other skirt, dearest Anett…it's kind of a relief that it's "off the table" now, so to speak!! ;D And this sweater is another piece that I've actually owned for quite a few years; the cropped length and shawl collar make it a cool alternative to all my oversized cardigans!! XOXO

• October 3, 2014 / 2:33 pm

Now, now, dear Dawn…no stealing!! But if you ever visit Vancouver, I might let you borrow it!! ;D