Stars and stripes

You’re not really surprised to see these striped jeans again so soon after my “Being me” post…are you??

Lately, when I’m thinking about making a purchase, I’ve been asking myself if I would be happy wearing the piece in question every single day…and these jeans most certainly qualify!!  I mean, they’re super-comfortable, flattering (those stripes give the illusion of long legs I don’t really have!) and fun (again, those stripes!!)

And adding my starry, grey and white topper to the striped denim makes for a cute combination, don’t you think??  It’s a somewhat more understated interpretation of the current pattern-mixing trend…and a gentle way of easing into sweater season, as well!!

That doesn’t mean that I’ve totally “warmed up” to autumn just yet, though…but at least it’s a step in the right direction!!  πŸ˜‰

1. October 6, 2014 / 3:15 pm

I love these jeans!

Zoeoulton.blogspot.co.uk

• October 6, 2014 / 9:43 pm

Oh my gosh, dearest Zoe…so do I!! I'm not kidding when I say that I could wear them Every. Single. Day!! πŸ˜‰

2. October 6, 2014 / 4:06 pm

Looking seriously gorgeous, Monika!! Plus, stars and stripes – what an amazingly perfect & fun combo. I'm honestly in love with this outfit. And I hear ya, lately when shopping, I only pick up pieces I know I'll wear time and time again! xo

• October 6, 2014 / 11:01 pm

You are a sweetie, dearest Veronika…thank you!! πŸ™‚ And asking myself that little question has really helped me to focus on "true love" when I'm shopping…just because something looks good, doesn't automatically mean it needs to come home with me!!

3. October 6, 2014 / 10:46 pm

I really love this top, it looks so soft and cozy and feminine! The "mismatched" prints look great in this outfit, very nice combination! πŸ™‚

Bella Pummarola

• October 7, 2014 / 4:53 am

I love my star sweater ALMOST as much as my striped jeans, dearest Anett!! And seriously…how great is it to be able to wear two favourite pieces in one look?! πŸ˜€

• October 8, 2014 / 5:28 am

Pants – or jeans – with stars on them would be awesome, dear Stella!! Gonna keep my eyes open for a pair when I'm out shopping!! XO

• October 8, 2014 / 5:36 am

Hello there Chelsea…so nice to meet you!! I'd be very happy to have you visit my blog again; I'll do my best not to disappoint!! πŸ˜‰

• October 8, 2014 / 7:28 pm

Hello Jasmine!! Stripes on ANYTHING are pretty darn fabulous, don't you agree?! Thank you so much for visiting!! πŸ™‚

4. October 8, 2014 / 11:36 am

You look hot in these striped pants! Not too many of us could pull those off, Dear, but you are ROCKING them! Adorable outfit, head to toe. Such a cute sweater!
    Fashion Should Be Fun

• October 8, 2014 / 7:57 pm

It's really just a sweater and jeans, dearest Dawn…but when you throw some interesting patterns into the mix, "basic" suddenly isn't so basic anymore!! πŸ˜‰

• October 15, 2014 / 5:53 pm