Style 3-Play: Oversized Sweater Look Three

So here it is – my final Style 3-Play combination featuring this scrumptiously soft, oversized sweater…and in many ways, my favourite!!

Don’t you agree that a tunic-length topper like this is pretty much made for a pair of leggings??  And these maroon, faux-leather ones are so perfect for fall; the colour is a nice change from my go-to black, and they kept me warm and dry…even in today’s drizzle!!

Because of lingering DVT issues (my right leg is still often swollen,) I haven’t been able to wear my Sam Edelman wedge booties since before my accident, but – surprise, surprise!! – they’re fitting me again!!  I’m absolutely thrilled!!

This extra-wide grommet belt, on the other hand, has made fairly regular appearances over the past few months…I’d wear my sweater-and-leggings ensemble just as happily without it, but today it does a wonderful job of reining in all that volume on top and giving me a bit of a waist.

Have I inspired you to try your own oversized sweater look, dear readers??  Be sure to let me know; I’d love to check it out!!

1. October 17, 2014 / 2:08 pm

Love this fuzzy sweater and how you style it! Especially with these sexy pants and that belt. I bet you look forward to the weekends! I was a medical assistant several years back and hated the part of the job of wearing scrubs! I felt so dumpy all week.

• October 18, 2014 / 2:31 pm

You bet I look forward to weekends, dear Joni…my scrubs are cute, but not exactly stylish!! And don't even get me started on the shoes!! 😉

2. October 18, 2014 / 10:54 am

This sweater is an universal peace, it looks awesome with all the bottoms you are wearing! Every outfit very tasteful matched.. like all of them! Your leggings and the boots are gorgeous!! Must have some similar boots ! 😉
    Happy that your foot is getting better, take a long time now?

have a great weekend dear
    Dana 🙂

• October 18, 2014 / 2:36 pm

My leg and foot seem – very slowly! – to be getting better all the time, dearest Dana…but, unfortunately, it's also possible that I will have some "issues" for the rest of my life. But the more of my shoe (and boot!) collection that I can wear again, the happier I am!! XOXO

• October 18, 2014 / 2:39 pm

Thank you so much, dear Cissy!! That's a lovely compliment from someone whose own blog is the stuff of dreams (literally!!) XOXO

3. October 18, 2014 / 4:18 pm

I've LOVED your over-sized sweater posts. I definitley have lots of inspiration to pull for my own sweater, and yes, couldn't agree more… leggings are indeed the perfect match! xo

• October 20, 2014 / 3:21 am

I really believe that leggings should be treated more like tights than pants, dearest Veronika…so wearing something – like this sweater! – that covers the tush makes for a perfect solution!! So glad that you enjoyed this latest edition of my Style 3-Play series…I always have a lot of fun putting the looks together!! XOXO

• October 20, 2014 / 3:27 am

Pink and burgundy are surprisingly pretty together, aren't they, dearest Dawn?! And talk about a comfortable outfit…cuddly sweater and stretchy leggings?? It doesn't get much better than that!! ;D

• October 20, 2014 / 5:10 pm