Back to school

I’m the first to admit that I am sooo not a “real” tomboy…nor have I ever been one.  Not by a long shot!!

Getting grimy didn’t appeal to me even at a very young age; when I was still in school, the only physical-education activity that interested me was gymnastics…mostly because it didn’t involve the risk of grass stains and dirt streaks!!  (Unfortunately, I also have a fear of falling; which pretty much ensured that the uneven bars and balance beam weren’t going to work out for me either!!)

But flash forward to today, and voila!!  Nowadays there’s something that I absolutely adore about being (or at least looking like) a tomboy!!  The only essential??  Making sure that my ensemble includes at least one feminine element…and my black, cut-out booties – edgy as they are – definitely qualify!!

Seriously though…didn’t this combination of boyfriend jeans and layered tops turn out super cute?!  I’m really curious to hear if you agree!!

• November 15, 2014 / 5:14 am

This sweater is a real "star" in my wardrobe, dear Deniz!! πŸ˜‰ Thank you so much for visiting…and for taking the time to leave a little note!!

1. November 14, 2014 / 9:15 pm

Love this casual look & the studded bag is brilliant!

• November 15, 2014 / 5:32 am

Kind of "schoolboy chic," isn't it, dear Zoe?! And I thought that my studded leopard backpack would make a perfectly fierce finishing touch…so glad you agree!! πŸ˜‰

• November 17, 2014 / 5:31 am

Thanks so much, dear Debbie!! I had a leather backpack a number of years ago and wasn't sure I wanted to revisit that particular trend…but I'm really glad I decided to add this glammed-up version to my collection!! And the booties?! A perfect case of "they look good with everything!!" πŸ˜‰

• November 17, 2014 / 5:48 am

Hello there Ali!! Thank you for all the love…and for taking the time to visit!! I hope you'll come back soon!!

2. November 16, 2014 / 7:15 am

Ich liebe diesen tomboy look liebe Monika. Zusammen mit Deinen Accessoires und den Schuhen ist das Styling einfach perfekt…
    In der Schule ging es mir mit dem Sportunterricht genauso wie Dir… πŸ™‚ Hab noch einen schΓΆnen Sonntag, lieber Gruß – Conny

Pants and Tops

• November 17, 2014 / 5:56 am

Also…wieder mal wie Zwillinge, liebe Conny!! πŸ˜‰ Und ich denke, daß dieses das ERSTE mal war, daß ich ein Hemd so unter einen Pulli zusammen gestellt hab…glaubst Du das?! Aber es wird wohl nicht das letzte mal sein!! XOXO

3. November 17, 2014 / 6:00 am

Yes, this outfit turned out so well!! Adore the layered shirts, and I too, surprisingly, am all about a good tomboy look! Although my personality is far from! πŸ˜‰ Hope you had a great weekend – that sun was amazing wasn't it?! xoxo

• November 17, 2014 / 9:09 pm

Absolutely loving the sunshine, dearest Veronika…it makes taking outfit photos so much more fun!! And I'm betting that most girls DO have a tomboy side to their personalities; it's just that we choose different ways of expressing it!! πŸ˜‰

4. November 17, 2014 / 3:03 pm

Monika, I absolutely love this tomboy style. This perfect layering and such great combo of masculine and feminine pieces. Love it πŸ™‚ Mel http://www.livingoncloude9.com

• November 17, 2014 / 9:21 pm

I honestly surprised myself a little with this outfit, dear Mel; it definitely tips the scales a little more on the masculine side than I'm used to…but I adored the result!! And I'm so happy that you do, too!!

• November 21, 2014 / 12:16 am

Why thank you, dear Ali…glad you like it!! πŸ™‚