Christmas countdown

Although I was born and raised in Canada – Toronto, to be exact! – my family always followed the German holiday tradition of opening gifts on Christmas Eve…which means, dear readers, that the “biggest” day of the year is exactly four weeks away for me!!  Woohoo!!

Kind of hard to believe, considering that our weather here in Vancouver was positively spring-like today!! With some blog reading to catch up (and my favourite soy chai latte on my mind!) I had an early start this morning at our local Starbucks…and boy, was I ever surprised when my husband picked me up a couple of hours later!!

I’ll venture to say that I was actually a little bit overdressed in my fleecy Steve Madden boots and denim jacket…although indoors, it had been pretty cold.  I think the sunshine and balmy temperatures might have fooled that Starbucks air-conditioner into starting again!!

Snow and Christmas go hand-in-hand for many people, I know…but honestly?!  I’d be perfectly happy with a day like today on repeat!!

1. November 24, 2014 / 4:36 pm

Read your title and was so excited to read this post! Christmas is so close and we couldn't be more excited 🙂
    We need snow for Christmas, when it's warm it just doesn't feel right haha 😛

Loving those pants, so cute! & those boots are just lovely 🙂

• November 25, 2014 / 6:07 am

I'm hereby sending you all my best wishes for a "White Christmas," dear Kelsey and Kenecha…but I'll still be keeping my fingers crossed for a green one in Vancouver!! 😉

2. November 25, 2014 / 12:05 am

Lurrrrrrrrrrrve your striped jeans, Monika!! The boots are pretty awesome too and I think this kind of outfit in the kind of weather you described is the perfect weather for style… if only it would last! Casual outfits are nearly always the best and this is no exception, you look so fabulous :))

Have a lovely week my lovely!

Catherine, Not Dressed As Lamb x

• November 25, 2014 / 6:19 am

I'm so thrilled to have you visit, dearest Catherine!! And yes, I agree that casual looks are often the most fun to put together…we have free rein to experiment as much as we like, without worrying about being "occasion appropriate!!" But if I wore my striped jeans EVERY day, my love might start to fade a little…and I definitely don't want that to happen!! 😉

3. November 25, 2014 / 9:59 am

Oh this is my favorite time of the year…HOLIDAY season. Here in Prague everything is already prepared 🙂 Love your striped jeans, looking amazing. Mel

• November 25, 2014 / 9:47 pm

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas in Vancouver, too, dear Mel…minus the snow, of course!! Somehow, the decorations and music seem to happen earlier and earlier each year; but now that it's only a month away, I'm definitely starting to feel in the "holiday spirit!!" 🙂

• November 25, 2014 / 10:07 pm

I'd actually wanted striped jeans for quite a while before I finally dared to try them on, dearest Dawn…and yes!! Super flattering!! You never know…maybe Santa will leave a pair for you under the tree this year, too!! 😉

4. November 25, 2014 / 5:31 pm

Both thumbs up dear Monika!! This outfis is my favorite!! You look absolutely gorgeous and so lovely in it! Nice to see other colors in fall .. everywhere black, grey and brown! 😉

have a wonderful day
    Dana

• November 25, 2014 / 10:19 pm

Well, I do wear a lot of black, dearest Dana…but I think any colour gets boring if you wear it ALL the time!! Variety is the spice of life…and it makes getting dressed so much more fun, don't you agree?! XOXO

5. November 26, 2014 / 12:49 am

We always opened presents on Christmas Eve as well in Hungary, and I think it's so much more magical! (Who would want to open presents before breakfast with no makeup on, brrr..:) I really like this casual look! 🙂

Bella Pummarola

• November 26, 2014 / 2:47 pm

I SO agree with you, dearest Anett!! There's nothing romantic about the rush to tear open gifts on Christmas morning; but on Christmas Eve, when everyone is dressed up from a lovely dinner out, and there's candlelight and holiday music playing…it's just magical, like you said!! XOXO

6. November 27, 2014 / 3:16 pm

Look at you all cozy & chic – this outfit is fab-u-lous!! And yup us too, Martin & I are Czech and we open our gifts on Christmas Eve. I love it, especially since I'm not a morning person!! 😉

• November 27, 2014 / 11:28 pm

I'll admit that it takes me a while to look presentable when I first get up, dearest V…and who needs that kind of pressure on Christmas Day, am I right?! Doing the gift exchange the evening before just seems so much more "civilized!!" 😉