Denim story

No go-to jeans for me today…I opted to get my denim “fix” with my thrifted pencil skirt instead!!

This utilitarian blue fabric sure has come a looong way, don’t you think?!  It was first used in the late 1800’s by a certain Levi Strauss (does the name sound familiar?!) to create durable trousers for mine-workers…and the riveted and double-stitched pants were quickly adopted as the uniform of choice by American cowboys and ranch-hands, as well.

But it really wasn’t until the 1950’s that jeans started morphing from strictly “workwear” to all-out “fashion statement.”  And now, of course, we can find all kinds of denim pieces that are appropriate for virtually every occasion…from the beach, to a casual day at the office, to a fancy cocktail hour!!

Since a visit to the mall was on my agenda for this afternoon – what’s new, right?! – I decided to dress down my denim skirt a little with my favourite leather beanie, a funky cropped cardigan, and these spike-heeled but surprisingly comfortable booties.  Christmas shopping mayhem, here I come!!

• November 27, 2014 / 3:29 am

I ALWAYS have fun shopping, dearest Dawn!! It's my favourite hobby…next to blogging, of course!! ;D

• November 28, 2014 / 12:08 am

Those Guess booties are old faves, dear Kelsey and Kenecha…I keep thinking I should replace them, but I can't seem to let them go!! 😉

• November 28, 2014 / 12:28 am

My husband found that skirt for me, dear Celyn…he has good taste, doesn't he?! Thank you so much for visiting!!

• November 28, 2014 / 1:13 am

This leather beanie is the reason for my current love affair with hats, dear Colli!! And yes, I'd be very happy to take part in your giveaway…Kerastase products are truly a wonderful indulgence for the hair!!

• November 28, 2014 / 1:27 am

That fuzzy, chartreuse shoulder detail makes it really unique, doesn't it, dear Jess?? And although I generally like my cardis on the longer side – for extra coziness! – this one still manages to be surprisingly warm!! It's lovely to have you visit again…thank you so much!! XOXO

1. November 27, 2014 / 3:14 pm

Braving the shopping crowds and looking damn fine, Monika!! Martin & I just did our shopping this past weekend and decided to do our local craft fair, super fun, and laid back – my favourite! Plus, thank you for your sweet words on the blog design and for checking in on twitter!! You're seriously such a sweetheart!! xo

• November 28, 2014 / 3:17 am

Well then, dearest Veronika…from one "sweetheart" to another – I thank you, too!! 🙂 Have you ever been to the Circle Craft Christmas Fair at the Vancouver Convention Centre?? Oh my gosh, I wouldn't miss it for the world…the most incredible, hand-crafted selection of everything from jewellery, to clothing, to housewares, to objets d'art; I spend literally an ENTIRE day there each year!! XOXO

• November 29, 2014 / 2:25 pm

Hello there Maria!! Thank you very much…and thank you for visiting, too!!