Lumber jacked

Because of their cool weather vibe, I haven’t worn these buffalo-plaid jeans in a long time…but now that November has arrived, they suddenly feel very appropriate!!

I’ve done black looks throughout the summer, but black and red together has always seemed – to me, at least – to be an autumn and winter thing.  It’s such a traditional combination for toasty flannel shirts…and nobody really wants to think about those during the warmest months of the year, am I right?!

My oatmeal-coloured Henley shirt somehow felt less “obvious” today than a black top would have; and by finishing off with this brown fun-fur shrug and my little heart pendant, I managed to keep the outfit from veering entirely into woodsman territory…I hope!!

But I’ll leave it to you to decide if I succeeded, dear readers…I’m anxious to hear your opinions!!

1. November 3, 2014 / 8:55 pm

Dear Monika, I know exactly what you talking about… plaid in red and black fits perfectly in autumn and winter… but during the summer… No, not really… 🙂 I like it very much, that you choose a lighter colour to your top and I can't see a woodsman… For me, it is the perfect plaid style for fall… together with this fun fur…
    Have a nice week you lovely lady… – Conny
    Pants and Tops

• November 4, 2014 / 6:35 am

Obviously these plaid jeans would look fabulous styled with black accessories, dearest Conny…but today I wanted to try something just a bit different!! And I thought that my fuzzy little jacket would make an unexpectedly "glam" finish for this otherwise casual look!! XOXO

• November 4, 2014 / 6:52 am

Thank you so much, my dear…and thank you for visiting, too!!

2. November 4, 2014 / 3:16 am

How fun! I could probably never pull off such crazy pants but I love them on you! It is so daring and a fun twist to the "lumberjack-plaid" look. And your outfit does look perfect for this time of year 🙂
    Olivia | Her Name Was Celebration

• November 4, 2014 / 7:12 am

These jeans WERE kind of a "daring" purchase for me, dear Olivia…but every once in a while, it's fun to switch up our personal style just a little, am I right?! XOXO

3. November 4, 2014 / 3:22 am

Adorable fall style, those pants are the best! This is one of those casual cute looks that makes me want to curl up with a book and a cup of tea on a nice autumn day:) You look beautiful and p.s. thank you for stopping by my blog!
    xoxo Rachel F.
    allsfairnloveandwardrobe.wordpress.com

• November 4, 2014 / 8:10 pm

Oh, I wish I was doing that right now, dear Rachel…reading a good book (or fashion magazine!) and sipping a Starbucks chai latte in front of the fireplace!! With these jeans on, I wouldn't even need one of those traditional plaid blankets!! 😉

4. November 4, 2014 / 7:23 pm

Hello lovey, I see you're looking as lovely as ever!! Apologies for the lack of visits. I just came off a 15 day antibiotic cycle, have been off for 5 and my darn sinus infection is back. So… I'm bed ridden and mostly off my computer. Welp! But this gorgeous post and your rad jeans are totally cheering me up. Yay, bring on the November style. Love cozy looks like this!! xoxo

• November 4, 2014 / 9:28 pm

Dearest Veronika…you are simply NOT catching a break, are you?! I'm very happy to hear that a little visit to my blog has managed to make you forget your health woes – even momentarily! – but my goodness!! We need to get you back on your feet and into some cute looks of your own again!! XOXO