Pirate pup

Remember those faux bird-skull earrings my husband brought home for me from the Shill Shack when he visited Vancouver Island this past June??  Well, he also had this one-of-a-kind red plaid skirt tucked into his suitcase!!

To say he was anxious for me to model it right away is an understatement(!)…but since a piece in tartan-patterned wool doesn’t exactly work for the height of summer, my little “pirate pup” has been waiting patiently in my closet for the perfect moment to debut!!

One part whimsical, one part edgy, this is definitely not a mass-production piece; I only wish that fitted skirts were just a bit easier to wear.  Am I the only one who finds that they tend to twist around the body with the wearer’s movements??

Regardless, if you’re a fan of the unique and slightly off-beat – from clothing to jewellery and accessories – then may I suggest a visit to the Shill Shack on Etsy!!  I can’t promise you another dog-and-crossbones skirt…but I’m certain you’ll find something that has you feeling like a cool cat!!

(Please note:  the skirt was a gift, but I was not otherwise compensated for this blog post.)

1. November 21, 2014 / 4:25 pm

That skirt is awesome!! I love how unique, quirky and edgy it is!! The husband did good!! And you're not the only one, my skirts definitley ride up and twist all the time. I finally found wearing one size up and having them sit more on my hips did wonders though… so far, so good! Oh yes, and happiest Friday!!! xoxo

• November 22, 2014 / 4:28 am

Happy Friday to you too, dearest V!! This skirt is high-waisted and fits like a glove…but I've had the twisting problem with less-fitted ones, as well!! Maybe we're just blessed with an extra bit of swizzle in our walk, hmmm?! Still, I love my little "pup" – and my hubby does, too! – so I'm willing to put up with a bit of naughty behaviour!! ;D

• November 22, 2014 / 4:37 am

This skirt is a real personality piece, isn't it?? A big thank you for your visit today, dear Kelsey and Kenecha…it's so nice to "meet" you both!!

• November 22, 2014 / 5:13 pm

I knew you'd be a fan of this skirt, dearest Dawn…dog lover that you are!! 😉 And the Shill Shack is definitely worth checking out, especially if you like edgy, one-of-a-kind pieces!!

• November 23, 2014 / 4:32 pm

I also had the thought that this would be an appropriate skirt for Christmas, dear Aleksandra…that red plaid has a festive feel, doesn't it?! 😉

• November 23, 2014 / 5:02 pm

My husband doesn't ALWAYS get it right, dear Debbie…but most of the time, he's right on the mark when it comes to my taste!! And the dog-and-crossbones appliqué on this skirt is just the kind of unique detail that I love!! XOXO