Scratch that!

For me, a huge part of what makes personal style so much fun is having the opportunity, on a regular basis, to “mix it up” in the fashion department!!

But if I ever did resort to some sort of formula for getting dressed on my days off, then a look like this would surely be it!!  Skinny jeans??  Check!!  Comfortable booties??  Check!!  And to top it all off, an oversized sweater that’s basically a cozy blanket in disguise!!

This particular cardigan holds a special place in my heart because of its colour – it’s such an interesting combination of grey and chartreuse! – and because the wool blend makes it just a little bit scratchy!!  Yes, I said scratchy!!  I’ve always suspected that I’m one of the very few people on this planet that actually likes scratchy wool (a little quirk I inherited from my dad!!)

But now, dear readers, I really am curious…are you a fan only of the softest knits; or do you sometimes enjoy a slightly, shall we say, stronger texture??  Please let me know with a comment below!!

• November 19, 2014 / 5:54 pm

Glad you like it, dear Thais…but you might change your mind if you tried it on!! The wool makes it wonderfully warm, though!! πŸ˜‰

1. November 19, 2014 / 6:12 pm

Yess, I love cozy sweaters like this, in fact, I'm wearing one right now! πŸ™‚ Love this natural shade of green, it's perfect for fall!

Bella Pummarola

• November 19, 2014 / 11:59 pm

It's a really "juicy" colour, isn't it, dearest Anett?! And the sweater is most definitely cozy…I'm always amazed at the toasty warmth of real wool!! πŸ™‚

2. November 19, 2014 / 6:47 pm

Ohh I love this outfit. This is totally my style. You hair is so cute, too!
    xx
    Jenny // Mish Mosh Makeup

• November 20, 2014 / 12:46 am

I often think I could LIVE in looks like this, dear Jenny, but I know myself too well…I wouldn't be really happy without a whole range of style options at my fingertips!! The best thing about fashion is that we get to take it off and try something new whenever we feel like it, right?! Thank you so much for visiting!!

3. November 19, 2014 / 8:29 pm

You're so funny! I've never met anyone who likes scratchy wool! But obviously many people don't mind it because it's popular in stores! Anyway, jeans, tee, booties,cardi … sign me up! I could wear that outfit every day!

• November 20, 2014 / 12:52 am

You're not a fan of a little scratch every now and then, dearest Dawn?! ;D Don't get me wrong, I "heart" softness as much as the next girl…but I'm very happy that I didn't have to opt out of this awesome cardi just because of the wool factor!! XOXO

• November 21, 2014 / 1:08 am

Thank you very much, LaviΓ±a…and thank you so much for visiting!! πŸ™‚

• November 21, 2014 / 4:54 am

Next to black and white, this shade of green is probably my favourite colour, dear Claire!! So nice to have you visit again!!

4. November 20, 2014 / 5:01 am

I'm all about the cashmere and merino wool. Haha, I hate scratchy! Apparently I used to cry as a kid if my sweaters were itchy – lol! πŸ˜‰ As for this outfit? Total gorgeousness… and a look I happily live in all the time too! Happiest Wednesday eve!! xo

• November 21, 2014 / 5:26 am

Aww…I'm just picturing a tiny Veronika bawling her eyes out because she hates her itchy sweater!! Poor little thing!! But you bring up a good point…I'll have to ask my mom if my love for a scratchier knit was always there, or if it developed later in life!! πŸ˜‰

• November 21, 2014 / 5:40 am

That's a lovely compliment, Mrs.C… thank you so much!! I hope you will visit again soon!!

5. November 20, 2014 / 8:50 pm

This cardigan has gorgeous color and looks gorgeous with this bag! Comfy and great look!

jointyicroissanty.blogspot.com

• November 21, 2014 / 5:54 am

Being comfortable doesn't automatically have to mean wearing sweat pants and flip-flops, am I right?! Thank you so much for visiting…and for leaving a little note!! πŸ™‚

6. November 21, 2014 / 1:57 am

The look is awesome, comfy, yet so well styled! I personally like soft textures. If I do wear a scratchy texture it has to be lined with another fabric. I really can't handle a rough texture. Another trick I use is wearing a thing layer underneath, if I really love the sweater or cardigan. The color on your cardigan is so pretty!

xx,
    Tania

• November 21, 2014 / 8:20 pm

Where there's a will, there's a way…right, dear Tania?! Layering is an ideal solution to the "itchy sweater" problem; and it adds extra interest (and warmth!) to a look, too!! When a piece is such a perfect colour, it's worth a bit of extra effort!! πŸ˜‰

7. November 21, 2014 / 3:49 am

This is a fabulous outfit for everyday! I love how it is effortlessly chic! and I love that cardigan! I too love scratchy wool! LOL! The color is completely fabulous! That fringe bag is so awesome and totally fantastic find! The detailing is really cool!

Rebecca

• November 21, 2014 / 8:42 pm

I just KNEW I couldn't be the only one that liked the scratchiness of wool, dear Rebecca…hello kindred spirit!! πŸ˜€ This kind of look has been my "go-to" forever; it's cozy and casual, but still looks like I made an effort!! Beats those ubiquitous yoga pants any day, in my opinion!! XOXO

• November 22, 2014 / 3:43 am

A sunny day can make for a challenging photo-shoot, but the results are usually very worthwhile…aren't they, dear Aleksandra?! I'm so happy to "meet" you, and hope you will visit again soon!! πŸ™‚

• November 22, 2014 / 3:54 am

Thank you so much, Abdelkhalek!! I'm very glad that you visited…and that you like the photos!! πŸ™‚