Split decision

I’m always attracted to so-called “basic” pieces that actually feature an unexpected detail…and this tweedy, wool-blend pullover from Forever 21 certainly fit the criteria!!

Looks like a standard – albeit pretty! – turtleneck sweater from the front, doesn’t it?!  I liked the blue-and white colour combination and nubby texture right away; but when I picked it up and turned it around …whoa, Nelly!!

How seriously cool is this split back seam?!  Admittedly, it can make things feel somewhat breezy, but I’m more than willing to put up with a little extra ventilation for the sake of a rear view “wow” factor, ha ha!!

And yes, I’m wearing shorts in November!!  With tights underneath…but still!!  It’s been quite a mellow autumn so far here in Vancouver; gotta wonder how long it will last, though!!  😉

1. Anonymous
    November 12, 2014 / 3:22 pm

hi monika you look great! your hairstyle is "new " also?
    renate

• November 13, 2014 / 12:23 am

Hi Renate…thank you so much for visiting!! As far as my 'do goes, I just tucked the longer bits behind my ears today; my next haircut appointment isn't for another few weeks!! 🙂

2. November 12, 2014 / 9:22 pm

Totally fabulous and that peek-a-boo back is sexy!
    Fashion Should Be Fun

• November 13, 2014 / 12:27 am

I simply HAD to have it the moment I saw that back detail, dearest Dawn!! 😉

3. November 13, 2014 / 3:01 am

I LOVE that back detail – totally gorgeous & just the right amount of sass. You're looking positively gorgeous!! As for the weather?! Oh my gosh, today, it finally felt cold. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the frost… eeps, fingers crossed for a white xmas though!! xo

• November 13, 2014 / 8:11 pm

I don't know, dear Veronika…I think I'd be totally fine with a green Christmas!! 😉 I will admit that the morning frost looks mighty pretty, though; I just don't like the way cold weather starts to limit our wardrobe options. Imagine this sweater when the temperatures drop below freezing…BRRR!! XOXO

4. November 13, 2014 / 3:22 pm

Wow that's a lovely little surprise! It already looked good from the front, but the back solution just added that little extra something every good outfit needs 🙂

Bella Pummarola

• November 13, 2014 / 8:51 pm

It's always fun to have a little unexpected detail in any look, isn't it, dearest Anett?! I'm such a "sweater girl" as it is…but that back slit totally puts me over the moon!! 😉

• November 13, 2014 / 9:06 pm

Thanks for the outfit love, dear Mel!! There's a distinct possibility that you might see these shorts even during the months of winter…if I add a pair of tall boots, it's almost like wearing jeans, right?! 😉