Texturize me

If you’ve read my “about me” page, then you know that I started this blog as a kind of personal style diary…a way for me to record all the outfits I so love to put together for those days when I’m not wearing my workday uniform.

And it’s been quite interesting what I’ve learned about my style preferences since I started this visual journey just a little over a year ago…that expression “a picture is worth a thousand words” is very true!!

One thing that’s really become apparent to me is that even though I may not do a lot of colour on a regular basis, I am – without a doubt – a HUGE fan of textures!!  Take this new bag that I brought home from Vancouver’s Circle Craft Christmas Market this year…couldn’t you just die over all that scrumptious furriness?!

Add to that my woolly, fringy, Free People sweater-coat and a tasselled lariat necklace…and I’m totally in tactile heaven over here!!  (Can you tell?!)

• November 29, 2014 / 2:48 pm

You'll be seeing that furry bag a lot, dear Thais…it's my newest best friend!! 😉

• November 29, 2014 / 5:14 pm

I'm very glad that you enjoy my blog, dear Taria-ann…thank you so much for adding me to your Bloglovin reading list!! Of course, I've already visited your blog, too…and yes!! I am now a fan and a follower!! 🙂

1. November 28, 2014 / 4:18 pm

Loving that clutch! & This outfit is so cute 😀
    Isn't is funny how you think you may know your style then when you look back you are like.. hmm I liked that? It's crazy what you can find out about yourself!

• November 29, 2014 / 5:20 pm

My new "sherpa" bag actually came with a couple of interchangeable straps, dear Kelsey and Kenecha…so I have all kinds of options for wearing it!! And I really believe that personal style should never be a static thing…sure, it's great to have a go-to look or two, but the best part about fashion is the experimentation, don't you agree?!

2. November 29, 2014 / 8:41 am

Love this, you look lovely & warm in it

Zoeoulton.blogspot.co.uk

• November 29, 2014 / 5:36 pm

Thank you so much, dearest Zoe!! This wool cardigan IS pretty toasty for a day that isn't terribly cold…but today we actually have some snow on the ground, so I'll have to upgrade my outerwear options for the foreseeable future!!

• November 29, 2014 / 5:48 pm

Depends on your definition of "winter," dear Charlotte…Vancouver has the mildest climate of all of Canada – so this type of ensemble is often very doable – but we do get the occasional day(s) with much colder temperatures, too!! 😉 Thank you so much for visiting…it's really lovely to meet you!!

• November 29, 2014 / 6:00 pm

The bag was a bit of an – ahem! – investment, dearest Dawn…but I would have regretted not bringing it home with me!! What can I say, some pieces are simply worth the money, am I right?! 😉

• November 29, 2014 / 6:06 pm

Texture is the perfect option for someone – like me! – who tends to be just a little "colour shy," dearest Debbie!! I'm working on my colour challenges..but in the meantime, fringes and furriness are definitely where it's at!! XOXO

• December 1, 2014 / 5:27 am

Thank you, Jane!! And thank you for visiting, too!!

• December 1, 2014 / 5:47 am

I can't believe that December is here, dear Kenny…and Christmas is just around the corner!! Thanks very much for visiting…and taking the time to leave a little note!!

• December 1, 2014 / 6:37 am

I love a good pair of cat-eye sunglasses, dear Euge…they add a bit of "sass" to every look, don't you think?! 😉

• December 2, 2014 / 6:11 am