A ray of light

For a change, dear readers, I have a tiny bit of good news to report…our fur-baby “Badger” is still with us.

I’ve been nursing him virtually non-stop since we brought him home from the veterinary hospital on Thursday evening…hand-feeding him and sleeping next to him on the floor in front of our fireplace (I have bruises on both of my hips, but I don’t care.)  The loss of Griffin and Flora only a week apart has been beyond heartbreaking; I just can’t imagine losing Badger, too.  He isn’t well – I honestly don’t know if we will be able to get him there – but I simply have to do everything possible to keep him as happy and comfortable as I can.

My husband and I did manage to steal a few moments away for an outfit photo shoot; that steady diet of Starbucks that I mentioned to you last week?  It’s still ongoing…and a small but much-needed break from all the sadness at home.

Please know that I miss visiting each of you on your own blogs; that I hope things will return to some semblance of normal again soon; and  – most importantly – that I appreciate all your notes of sympathy and support more than I could ever say.  XO

1. December 15, 2014 / 4:03 pm

Thanks for the lovely comment you left on my blog!
    I love your outfit! I have that same H&M necklace, it's such a nice statement piece 🙂
    xo from Italy & keep in touch!
    Sonia Verardo

• December 16, 2014 / 6:26 am

I tend to go for more delicate pieces when it comes to jewellery, dear Sonia…but making a "statement" every once in a while is a good thing, right?! 🙂

2. December 16, 2014 / 5:10 am

Monika, take care of yourself lovey!! You must be feeling absolutely wiped with all that's been happening. I've been thinking of you and your fur babes… and I'm so, so sorry for all that's been happening. My heart and thoughts are with you!!! Happy you were able to get a little break from all that is happening. Sometimes fashion and a little time with the hubby is the perfect distraction/cheer me up. Sending tons of love!! xo

• December 16, 2014 / 6:51 am

It's not going to be a great Christmas for us this year, dearest Veronika…that's for sure. 🙁 Little Badger really needs me right now – and I really need him – but I also know that I HAVE to take a mental break every once in a while. Blogging has been a bit of a lifeline that way…there's nothing like a great outfit to create some distraction, am I right? Thank you, as always, for your love and support!

• December 16, 2014 / 10:03 pm

I'm sooo due for a little Christmas miracle, dear Patricia! Fingers crossed…Badger seems to be reasonably stable right now, so I'm allowing myself a bit of hope that all this recent sadness might be coming to an end. Please keep sending good thoughts our way! XO

3. December 16, 2014 / 1:42 pm

So glad to here he is still hanging in there. You are doing the best you can and I am sure you are making him feel a lot better 🙂 I hope that he gets through this, best of luck 🙂

Loving that skirt you are wearing btw & your sweater, very pretty!

• December 16, 2014 / 10:20 pm

Big hugs to both of you for all your sweet messages of concern and support, dearest Kelsey and Kenecha…it's been so nice to have them to look forward to this past couple of weeks. XOXO

4. December 16, 2014 / 9:42 pm

Please take care of yourself and take care of Badger. Those fur babies are so lucky to have a loving mom like you, Dear. Cute skirt … reminds me of a candy cane! 🙂
    Fashion Should Be Fun

• December 16, 2014 / 10:27 pm

I desperately need little Badger to get well, dearest Dawn…so you can bet I'm doing everything I possibly can for him. And YOU have been doing so much for my morale with each and every one of your notes; I just cannot thank you enough for keeping me in your thoughts. XOXO

5. December 17, 2014 / 1:33 pm

I sincerely hope Badger gets better, it's so heart breaking when the poor creatures get sick.
    He's lucky to have you.
    I'm so emotional too with my babies, i still miss my cat chouchou who passed away in my arms last summer.
    But despite all Monika you look smashing in your outfit

Arianexo

• December 17, 2014 / 10:18 pm

I'm halfway convinced that it's all the positive thoughts and supportive words from my dear readers that's helping out little Badger, Ariane…I know it's certainly helped ME immensely! He's definitely my "baby" – my only one right now – and anyone who's ever loved a pet will understand how devastating their loss can be. Thank you so much for being there! XO