Black ice

As mild as our Vancouver weather was last week, it sure as heck is making up the difference this week, dear readers…boy, it’s cold out there!!

We even had a dusting of snow (not exactly my favourite thing!) but it was the patches of ice everywhere that had me truly worried; just stepping out of the car and onto the pavement for these photos was a serious test of my bravery.  I really don’t want to break my foot again!!

And when I put together this outfit the night before, I had planned to add a second layer of warmth – in the form of a lightweight wool sweater – under my chunky grey pullover; which I then rather unfortunately forgot in the bleariness that is my typical state every morning.  I am definitely not an early bird!!

The sunshine is nice, don’t get me wrong…but when the mercury drops below freezing, I honestly have to say that I’d rather get back to our normal – rainy but temperate! – weather!!

• December 2, 2014 / 2:35 pm

I'm a steadfast fan of black and white, dear Kelsey and Kenecha…and grey – like this sweater – sort of falls into that spectrum, too, doesn't it?! But I will admit that heels are probably(!) not the best choice for an icy day!! πŸ˜‰

• December 2, 2014 / 4:03 pm

Hello there Kenny!! This sweater has got some wonderful texture going on, doesn't it?! Definitely my "thing!!" And yes, I would be happy to follow you on Google+…let me know if I can find you there!! πŸ™‚

• December 2, 2014 / 6:16 pm

What can I say, dear Borka…I simply LOVE a good black and white combination!! πŸ˜‰

1. December 2, 2014 / 2:39 am

I absolutely love this casual look dear Monica! The mix of greys on top is really nice and those boots are incredible!

Bella Pummarola

• December 2, 2014 / 6:23 pm

Maybe not so incredible for the slippery conditions, dearest Anett…but such are the risks of personal style, am I right?! I'm always holding my breath when I see you combining major heels with cobblestones!! ;D

2. December 2, 2014 / 5:39 am

This outfit is perfection, love your boyfriend jeans and all the layers are so gorgeous & cozy! My favourite!! Plus hell yes, it's been cold, and icy!! Our car went for a bit of a slide the other day and the people beside us completely lost control and went into a ditch. Ack, not my favourite driving conditions at all! Thankfully everyone was OK! Stay safe!! xo

• December 2, 2014 / 6:46 pm

Oh my gosh, dear Veronika…it's SO scary when your car – or your feet, for that matter! – are suddenly not under your control!! But the weather forecast says warmer temperatures are on the way…of course, then we'll be back to dealing with the rain!! πŸ˜‰