Blue Christmas

I don’t think I really look like “myself” in these photos, which isn’t surprising…I don’t feel like myself either.

If you follow me on Instagram or Twitter, then you will already know that my husband and I are in the middle of even more sadness regarding our beloved ferrets; we lost Griffin last Thursday, and now Flora has been diagnosed with an abdominal tumour.  She is scheduled for exploratory surgery tomorrow…we won’t know if the tumour can be removed until then.

I’m wearing some of my most favourite pieces today for comfort – my striped skinny jeans; super-soft, oversized camo shirt; and cozy wool cardigan – and that Starbucks soy chai latte in my hand??  I feel like I’ve been living on those lately.

Please, dear readers, keep your fingers crossed for sweet Flora…we could use a little help in the “Christmas miracle” department right now.

1. December 10, 2014 / 5:04 pm

Oh this is so sad!! I hope things start to look better for her, It was hard enough to say goodbye to one I hope you don't have to say goodbye to another! 🙁

Lovely outfit, like always! Just love the layering you did in this outfit. Also really love your rings 🙂

• December 10, 2014 / 8:40 pm

I'm not normally a sad person, dear Kelsey and Kenecha…but these last days have really done a number on me. I'm certainly not feeling much of the "Christmas spirit" right now, that's for sure! 🙁 Thank you for keeping me (and Flora) in your thoughts…I am SO hoping that I will have some good news to report on Friday. XOXO

2. December 10, 2014 / 7:26 pm

Sending prayers and good vibes to Flora and to you, Dear. I didn't see that on IG … following too many people so I miss too many important things … take good care of yourself. You still look chic as always. Sending you a big hug.

• December 10, 2014 / 9:38 pm

Oh Dawn…I don't know what I'd do without all my dear blogging friends right now! I haven't been as active recently on Instagram – or as frequent a visitor to other blogs – as I'd normally like to be; it's currently taking all my energy just to maintain my own site. But I'm incredibly grateful for the distraction of outfit posts…and all the love and support from you! XOXO

3. December 11, 2014 / 5:31 am

Monika, oh no!!! Poor Flora, I'll absolutely be keeping my fingers crossed for some good news!! All the best and be sure to keep me posted. As for your comfy outfit? It's beautiful and so are you! Plus, a big yes, to soy chai latte – my absolute fave drink!! Thinking of you!! xo

• December 11, 2014 / 3:00 pm

I'm so ready to get back on an even keel with posts about fun things (like shopping!) dearest Veronika…but sometimes life has it's own plans for us, doesn't it? Thank you for your positive thoughts; let's hope that today brings some happy news for a change! XOXO

4. December 11, 2014 / 5:42 pm

Oh I'm so sorry to hear more bad news dear Monika… :((( I can imagine how hard it must be for you right now, but I sincerely hope Flora will soon get better. Sending you lots of hugs and positive thoughts in the meanwhile!

Bella Pummarola

• December 15, 2014 / 2:58 am

As you've probably read by now, dearest Anett, we lost our Flora only one short week after saying good-bye to Griffin. I am beyond grief-stricken…but so grateful that you are keeping me in your thoughts. Thank you with all my heart. XO

• December 15, 2014 / 3:06 am

Thank you so much for your kind words, dear Patricia…but Flora's tumour was too far advanced for the vet to be able to remove; we lost her exactly one week after Griffin. And now our Badger is seriously ill…I'm desperately hoping that we can pull him through.