Seasons change

It’s so easy – normal, even – for each of us to get caught up in our everyday routines; without ever giving much thought to the way things might change in the blink of an eye.

These outfit photos were planned for my post last Friday…before it became the saddest day.  Our weather was still uncharacteristically cold for Vancouver; in the meantime, we’ve (thankfully!) returned to our typically milder temperatures.

On this day, though, I definitely needed those leather gloves…with that woolly blue sweater under my military-inspired jacket.  And the smiles??  Spontaneous and unforced.

Smiling is a little difficult right now, dear readers…but I know I’ll get there again.  Time – and the healing distraction of an outfit combination or two – will most certainly be just the medicine I need.

1. December 8, 2014 / 3:09 pm

Ooooh my dear,

you absolutely rock this outfit!! Love it! The jacken with the black sleeves fits perfect to the black leather pants and with your awesome boots I fell in love at the first sight!! Beautiful sunglasses! 🙂

wish you a wonderful week
    Dana 🙂

• December 9, 2014 / 6:02 am

It was a little scary climbing up to the railroad tracks in those high-heeled boots, dearest Dana – I certainly don't want another broken foot! – but I simply HAD to wear them…they were the perfect finishing touch for this cold-weather look!! So glad that you like it, too!! XOXO

• December 9, 2014 / 6:34 am

Aww…thank you so much, dear Kelsey and Kenecha!! My faux-leather jeans ended up being an ideal choice for keeping away the chill of this very winterish day; and that cool army jacket?? It was a Christmas gift from my husband last year!! 🙂

2. December 8, 2014 / 9:02 pm

lovely outfit! and yeah it's definitely glove season- i forgot mine at home today and even just walking to the building from the car parking lot made my hands freeze!

• December 9, 2014 / 7:02 am

I am sooo not a fan of the snow and the cold, dear Julie; I'd rather wear gloves because I WANT to…not because I NEED to!! 😉

• December 9, 2014 / 9:48 pm

This is my grown-up version of a "snowsuit," dear Mel…much more flattering than the puffy coveralls my mom made me wear when I was a kid!! 😉

3. December 9, 2014 / 1:28 pm

Monika dear. sorry for your loss. You look amazing in this outfit. Beautiful smile too!!! xoxo

• December 9, 2014 / 10:00 pm

Dearest Elsie…I've been overdue for a visit to your blog, but this recent heartache has turned things a little upside down for me. Thank you so much for your kind words…unfortunately, my smile will likely be MIA for a while. XO

4. December 9, 2014 / 2:51 pm

Adore these photos, Monika! And this outfit is all kinds of wow, so sleek, polished and you look absolutely stunning in it. Ugh, I'm SO sorry for your loss and sending a thousand hugs your way. I was so devastated after we lost pumpkin and it took several weeks to feel normal. Even now I have moments of missing him! And thank god, our milder temps have returned – definitley not used to that kind of cold. Like at all!! xoxo

• December 9, 2014 / 11:34 pm

You know exactly what I'm going through right now, dearest V…and your support means SO much. I just hope my other readers will understand why I might be looking a little "rough" in upcoming blog posts…probably lots of sunglasses to hide my swollen eyes. XOXO P.S. You're right…at least the cold weather is one misery that's behind us for now!!

5. December 9, 2014 / 3:10 pm

Very good post ! 🙂
    I like it 😉
    Would you like to follow each other on GFC or Bloglovin ?
    Just let me know or if I forgot about you, please inform me 😉

• December 10, 2014 / 4:17 am

Thank you so much for visiting, dear Oliwia…it's always such a pleasure to hear from readers around the world!! 🙂

• December 10, 2014 / 4:57 am

It's so nice to "meet" you, dear Sonia!! Yes, this view is really lovely…but boy, was it ever cold!! 😉 Thank you for visiting all the way from Italy; I would be very happy to follow you on Google+!!

• December 10, 2014 / 7:50 pm

Thankfully, our weather in Vancouver isn't usually so cold, dear Colli…this lightweight jacket is generally all that I need!! But I've seen some army-style parkas with fur-trimmed hoods that are VERY appealing…maybe you'll be lucky enough to find one under your Christmas tree!! 😉

6. May 27, 2015 / 12:26 pm