The saddest day

When you open your heart to love, the saddest day always comes when you have to say good-bye…and yesterday was such a day.

Our sweet Griffin is no longer with us.

He would have been 7 years old in February; but like many ferrets do as they get older, he had several illnesses with progressively worsening symptoms that medication just couldn’t control any more.

I will always remember his small velvet-soft ears, and bright mischievous eyes.  He loved playing “peeping Tom” in front of our frosted glass bathroom door…and “reorganizing” all of the carefully arranged pillows on our couch.

Good-bye, little angel.  We will miss you so much…but you have earned your wings.

• December 5, 2014 / 5:25 pm

Thank you so much for your nice words, dear Kelsey and Kenecha. Griffin might have been small, but he was a big part of our family…and it will take a while to stop feeling very sad about his loss. 🙁

1. December 5, 2014 / 8:19 pm

He looks such a little cutie in that photo. What a shame, sorry you had to let him go 🙁

• December 5, 2014 / 8:32 pm

Thank you, dear Zoe…I really appreciate you kind words. XOXO

• December 6, 2014 / 5:02 pm

Thank you, dear Borka…saying good-bye is always so hard.

• December 6, 2014 / 5:03 pm

We will miss him, dear Laviña…thank you for your note.

2. December 6, 2014 / 10:51 am

Oh hon …. my heart goes out to you … What a sweet little angel face. Sending you the biggest hug, Dear.

• December 6, 2014 / 5:04 pm

Your kind words mean so much, dearest Dawn…thank you for thinking of me. XOXO

3. December 6, 2014 / 1:31 pm

I know how hard it is to loose a pet, my heart goes to you
    I had to put down my dearest cat this summer god it was hard, i still miss him.

Ariane

• December 6, 2014 / 5:10 pm

Our four-legged family members sure find their way deep into our hearts, don't they, dear Ariane? I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your kitty…I can understand that you would still be missing him. XO

• December 6, 2014 / 5:13 pm

I know the sadness with pass, dear Debbie…but it's definitely difficult to smile right now. Thank you so much for your kind note. XO

4. December 6, 2014 / 6:27 pm

I'm so sorry for your loss 🙁 These little animals become such big parts of our lives and they feel just like family. I know you are very sad right now, but time will heal the pain and only the good memories will remain.

Bella Pummarola

• December 8, 2014 / 6:20 am

Thank you, dearest Anett, for your sympathetic words. Time truly is the best healer, and I know I'll eventually feel like myself again; right now, it helps a lot to know that so many of my blogger friends are thinking of me. XOXO

• December 8, 2014 / 6:22 am

The sadness will linger for a while yet, dear Borka…but I'll do my best.

5. December 8, 2014 / 10:13 am

Monika, I am truly sorry about your loss. I know how is to have a pat that is a part of your family 🙁
    Have a great day. Mel

• December 8, 2014 / 11:27 pm

Thank you, dear Mel…our home definitely feels a little emptier without him.

6. December 9, 2014 / 2:55 pm

Aw, this post brings a tear to my eye!! What a beautiful guy and I love that he was a pillow re-arranger… just like our Scout. Who coincidentally also likes to turn down the bed every night! 😉 I'll be thinking of you Monika, & your little Griffin. So very sorry for your loss, dear friend!! xoxo

• December 9, 2014 / 9:38 pm

Anyone who's lost a four-legged family member – as you have, dearest Veronika – will understand how deep the grief can be. Unfortunately, we've just received more bad news with respect to our fur-kids…Flora has an abdominal tumour for which she's having exploratory surgery on Thursday. We won't know until then if anything can be done for her; please keep us in your thoughts. XOXO