Style 3-Play: Moto Jacket Look Two

Am I the only one who still gets dressed up for movie night, dear readers?!

My husband and I met some friends at the theatre this evening – we went to see “Taken 3” – and as we were waiting in the line-up for our popcorn, I couldn’t help but notice what all the other guests were wearing (the byproduct of being a personal style blogger, I guess!!)

Let me tell you…I was definitely the only one in heels!!  In fact, I felt a little like I was crashing a pyjama party; sweatpants, fleece pants, hoodies and flip-flops (yes! in January!) seemed to be the prevailing fashion statement.  Now, I’m all for coziness and comfort when it comes to a night at home in front of the television…but doesn’t an evening out deserve a bit more effort?!

The movie was fun – although not quite as good as “Taken” and “Taken 2,” at least in the opinion of our little group! – and I honestly felt just fine standing out in this moto jacket, brand-new plush tee (on sale at H&M!) and reptile pumps combination.  My pj’s?!  I’ll save those for the bedroom, thank you very much!!

1. January 21, 2015 / 2:26 pm

I'm dying to see Taken 3 and didn't know it was out yet. My daughter and I love Liam so we'll be going asap.
    I think it's great you dressed up for movie night. It's a celebration of doing something fun. I sometimes wonder why more people don't enjoy dressing up more when they go out. Is it mostly a youth thing with the pajama pants and/or sweats? My 16 year old recently allowed himself to start wearing his pj pants all weekend long which is okay if he's staying in his room!
    You look adorably edgy as always!

• January 21, 2015 / 9:11 pm

If you and your daughter are fans of Mr. Neeson, I'm sure you'll enjoy the movie, dearest Joni…I know I did!! 😉 And I have to say that I do find it a little sad that so many people seem to have no interest in donning anything other than exercise and sleepwear on a regular basis. I mean, gym outfits can be cute…but only when you're at the gym, not out for dinner or at the movies!! Even jeans – which used to be the ultimate in casual attire – seem to be too much of an effort for a lot of folks nowadays!!

2. January 21, 2015 / 3:13 pm

This look is SO divine, and no, you're definitley not the only one. Last time I went to catch a movie… I too was in heels & skinnies!! You're definitley preaching to the choir! 😉 Wishing you a fab day beautiful!! xo

• January 21, 2015 / 9:51 pm

I had a feeling that you'd be with me when it came to wearing heels at the movie theatre, dearest V!! 😀

3. January 21, 2015 / 4:45 pm

I agree pj's are for the house not out and about! When I do anything I try to dress up as well, love what you have this jacket paired with today. Those heels are so fab, wow just love it! Love that clutch as well 🙂

twitter.com/floralandsmiles

• January 22, 2015 / 4:20 pm

There is such a wonderful variety of shoes and boots and dresses and jeans and skirts to choose from…why would anyone want to live only in yoga pants and flip-flops?! But kudos to you, dear Kelsey and Kenecha, for taking a different sartorial track; I see a fabulously fashionable future for both of you!! 😀

• January 25, 2015 / 12:54 am

Thank you, Liz…and thank you so much for "visiting" all the way from New York, too!! 🙂

• January 25, 2015 / 12:53 am

I think it's a "west coast casual" thing, dearest Dawn…but if you ask me, some people take it a little bit TOO far!! 😉

4. January 29, 2015 / 7:51 am

Hi Monika,

I don't currently live in the States right now, but whenever I go home in the summer to Seattle and Spokane I am always astounded by the slob factor. It makes me sad. People just don't really dress up anymore. I know I am generalizing, and I could get in some trouble for it, but I am with you. Date night deserves a little better! Every time, and this has been for years (I'm on my 18th year overseas), we board our flight home, and I'm just astonished by the comfort clothing on the planes. Granted I change into cozies on the flight–I make it part of the 12 hour ordeal–but I dress to impress. You never know when you might be upgraded.

Anyway, I totally agree with you. I feel saddened by our slobbiness. And I wish I could turn on the care switch. Maybe by modeling we do….

Your outfit is fabulous! Snake clutch included (now I can appreciate your comment on Kremb de la Kremb even more). I'd be proud to attend a date night movie night with you!

Love,

Ann of Kremb de la Kremb

PS Luckily living in Hong Kong, dressing up doesn't stand out! It hasn't in all the other places I've live either!

• January 29, 2015 / 7:55 pm

Oh my goodness, dear Ann…don't even get me started on airport and airplane "fashion!!" I don't travel a lot; but when I do, I'm often amazed (and NOT in a good way) by the things some people feel are appropriate to wear out of the house!! Like you said, all WE can do is strive to be positive roll models in the personal style department!! 😉