A little lilac

So – can you tell that I visited my hairstylist this weekend, dear readers?!

Anyone who’s known me for more than a year or two knows that I love to experiment with my hair…I’ve tried just about everything at some point!!  I’ve worn it long, short, curly, straight, blonde, red, and brunette; with bangs and without.  Switching up the ‘do is such a fun way of getting a whole new look; and despite the attachment some women seem to feel to every last fraction of an inch…it always grows back!!

This subtle wash of lavender is actually only temporary; when I was discussing a colour touch-up with my stylist, I happened to mention that of all the “unnatural” shades available for hair nowadays, I thought that a soft lilac was really pretty…so she added some extra violet to my final toner rinse!!

Now I’ll bet you’re wondering how my husband likes the change, hmm??  Well, when I was still “sitting on the fence,” he’s the one who convinced me to just go for it!!

1. February 2, 2015 / 2:40 pm

Love that your husband helped you make the the choice to do this, I think your hair looks amazing. I love switch ups every now an again 🙂
    Really loving this outfit as well, the layered look is so nice to me but I for one can't seem to pull it off which is not fun haha. Really like that cardi underneath your coat, such a great print! 🙂

twitter.com/floralandsmiles

• February 2, 2015 / 9:39 pm

I'm lucky that my hubby is always completely supportive of my hairstyle choices, dearest Kelsey and Kenecha…but I have to say, I was surprised by how enthusiastic he was about this particular change!! And – of course! – he's very proud that he convinced me!! 😉

2. February 2, 2015 / 2:47 pm

Your hair looks amazing, Monika!! I used to dye my hair all the time but have slowed down a lot… this is SO making me miss my days of hot pink hair. This lavender is terrific on you and so is this fabulous outfit! Happiest week to you loves!! xo

• February 2, 2015 / 9:54 pm

I'm pretty sure some people won't know WHAT to think of this colour, dearest V…and I am just fine with that!! But I'm also very happy to hear that as a formerly fuchsia-tressed fashionista, you totally "get" it!! P.S. You'll have to share a photo of your hot pink look with me one of these days!! 🙂

• February 3, 2015 / 1:15 am

YES!! I'll so have to dig a photo of my pink hair… I absolutely loved it so much and just might do something like that again. We'll see! 😉 And thank you for your comment today, Monika!! I'm never too busy to visit your blog – it's such a nice reprieve from all the madness of moving!! xo

PS – We move first week of April. Whoo-hoo!

• February 3, 2015 / 6:23 pm

I'll be honest, I do NOT envy you the hassle of packing up an entire household…but I also know that the excitement of your new place will see you through those inevitable moments of stress, V!! Hang in there!!

3. February 2, 2015 / 5:21 pm

Oh I am the same with my hair. I love to experiment with the color, length…everything 🙂 Love this amazing color on you. Looking stunning. Kiss, Mel

• February 3, 2015 / 10:38 pm

My hairstylist tells me I'm one of her favourite clients, dearest Mel…because I'm ALWAYS willing to try something new!! 🙂

• February 3, 2015 / 10:47 pm

I watch Kelly on television's "Fashion Police" every chance I get, dearest Dawn!! She's fabulous for sure…and her vibrant purple hair makes her pretty fearless, too!! 😉

• February 3, 2015 / 11:51 pm

Glad you like it, Ally!! Thanks so much for visiting!! 🙂

4. February 3, 2015 / 1:08 pm

I'm definitely one of those people who are attached to every inch of their hair, I won't cut it until it reaches my ankles haha 😀 I love seeing your experiments though and this is another great result! The touch of lavender looks beautiful against your ashy blonde base.

Bella Pummarola

• February 4, 2015 / 12:13 am

Growing your hair extra-long takes a LOT of work, dearest Anett…I can totally understand feeling rather possessive about it!! I'm honestly too lazy right now to put in all the time and effort; five minutes with a flat-iron is enough of a challenge for me!! ;D

5. February 3, 2015 / 6:52 pm

I think experimenting with hair is such a fun way to express yourself! Love the little bit of lilac! You seriously pull it off perfectly! Love your outfit! The way you layered your jackets is fantastic!

Rebecca

• February 4, 2015 / 6:51 am

Thank goodness for those layered jackets, dearest Rebecca…it was sooo windy when we took these photos!! 😉 And since I'm not exactly handy when it comes to curling irons and blowdryers, a new haircut – and sometimes even a new colour! – help satisfy my rather regular desire to reinvent myself!! XOXO

• February 5, 2015 / 5:05 am

Thank you so much, Sabina…and thank you for visiting, too!! 🙂