Dots and dashes

If you’re a regular visitor to my blog – and of course I hope you are! – you’ll know by now that I’m a huge fan of tone-on-tone looks!!

Outfits that combine pieces sharing a similar colour palette are far from boring…if you turn instead to liberal doses of pattern and texture to create some visual interest.  The greys and beiges of my boots, bag, jeans and vest are all quite neutral; but the stripes, dots, faux-fur and pebbled leather create an ensemble that’s fabulous…not flat!!

And as an added bonus, a monochromatic outfit (even a rather casual one like mine!) is pretty much guaranteed to instantly appear “pulled together” and sophisticated…a vibe that can be challenging to achieve with a more flashy combination!!

So…does this mean I’m giving up on adding the occasional pop of colour to my personal style choices?? You’d only need to check out my “Lady in red” post to know that isn’t true!!  😉

P.S.  My friend Dawn of Fashion Should Be Fun has been hosting a weekly link-up on her blog called “Fun Fashion Friday”…and she’s inviting everyone to participate!!  Don’t hesitate to visit!!

1. February 20, 2015 / 2:10 pm

That fur vest and gorgeous bag really makes this outfit for me. I've been wanting a fur something but just haven't found the right piece for me yet. Perfect season transition-er.
    Have a good weekend!

• February 20, 2015 / 9:44 pm

I have a few – ahem! – furry vests in rotation, dearest Joni…and you're so right; they're ideal for those "between seasons" kind of days!! Looking forward to seeing yours when you find one…which I have NO doubt you will!! XOXO

2. February 20, 2015 / 4:29 pm

Aww thanks so much for the shout out! Yes, everyone is invited to FUN FASHION FRIDAY! Come on by!

Monika, I'm over the moon over this look! It's soooo cool and luxe looking! You're fabulous, my dear!

• February 21, 2015 / 8:24 pm

Your link-up is such a terrific idea, dearest Dawn…of COURSE I want to be involved!! It's a wonderful way to "meet" fellow personal style fans and discover even more great blogs to follow!! XOXO

3. February 20, 2015 / 10:11 pm

Hi there, found you on the linkup. LOVE your hair, so cute on you. And the length of that furry gilet is perfect.

• February 23, 2015 / 6:32 am

I always enjoy switching up my hair look, dear Kristin…but this particular style is definitely one of my favourites so far!! Thank you so much for visiting!! 🙂

• February 23, 2015 / 6:33 am

Thank you, dear Rebecca…I'm glad you like it!! XO

• February 23, 2015 / 6:45 am

That vest has pockets, too, dear Kelsey and Kenecha…talk about making a good thing even better, am I right?! XOXO