Dream dressing

I’m sure we’ve all heard the style advice about procuring wardrobes that are appropriate for the lives we actually lead…in other words, don’t keep buying fancy cocktail dresses if most of your evenings are spent at home in front of the TV!!

And while this advice makes perfect sense – why “waste” money on a closet full of pieces that you adore, but never have the opportunity to wear – I also love the idea of leaving the rules behind and dressing for the life you dream of!!

Admittedly, someone who’s employed in a corporate field needs to invest in items that work for that particular environment…which will likely require a sizeable bit of closet real estate.  But my own collection of medical scrubs fits into a single drawer of my dresser, which leaves the rest of the room in my wardrobe available for all my various fashion fancies!!

While I’ve kept things casual today with a cut-off denim skirt and the vintage wool turtleneck I inherited from my dad (thanks Dad!)…it’s also quite possible that I might be in that previously-mentioned party dress when I’m headed to the bookstore for an afternoon of Starbucks and browsing!!

1. February 6, 2015 / 4:28 pm

So beautiful! Love this color sweater on you it looks so nice! 🙂 That skirt is just lovely and I love the high shoes you added to the outfit, it really completes it 🙂 x

twitter.com/floralandsmiles

• February 10, 2015 / 3:51 am

Our winter weather continues to be quite mild here in Vancouver, dearest Kelsey and Kenecha…but wearing a shorter skirt like this still requires a little "help" in the warmth department from tights or tall boots!! 😉

• February 10, 2015 / 3:56 am

So nice to "meet" you, Jessica!! You're one up on me with the ball gowns – I don't have any of those! – but oh my gosh, can I see the appeal!! I hope you wear them whenever your heart desires!! 🙂 P.S. Heading to your blog right now for a visit!!

2. February 7, 2015 / 6:51 am

Me?! Haha, I'm all about buying unpractical fashion, and I don't care!! 😉 I'm no stranger to being over-dressed, for well, everything. Love your beautiful combo here… and I must say it again, loving your hair!! It puts a smile on my face, so pretty and fun!! xo

• February 10, 2015 / 4:11 am

If I love it, I'll find – or create! – an occasion to wear it, dearest Veronika!! ;D

3. February 7, 2015 / 1:07 pm

You're so fun! I'd totally go to the bookstore with you in a fancy dress, Dear! Chic look and love that yellow on you! Thanks so much for being a part of FUN FASHION FRIDAY! Have a fab weekend, Honey!
    OXOx

• February 10, 2015 / 4:16 am

I spent a good part of this weekend – it was a "long" one for us here in British Columbia! – doing a massive closet edit, dearest Dawn!! But of course I managed to squeeze in a little visit to Chapters…and yes!! I was wearing a dress!! 😀

4. February 7, 2015 / 4:01 pm

I always go ga ga over that bag!! You inherited the sweater from your dad you say? It's gorgeous on you. I had a few shirts my aunt made my dad back in the 60's. The fabrics were amazing. I washed them so much over the years they eventually just fell apart in the washer. So sad!

• February 10, 2015 / 4:24 am

I was thinking of you when I reached for this bag again, dearest Joni!! 🙂 And yep, my woolly turtleneck was once my dad's!! I'm still surprised that he gave it up to me; maybe I shouldn't be showing it off on my blog…if he sees how good it still looks, he might want it back!! 😉

5. February 7, 2015 / 6:00 pm

Love your term dress for the life you dream of. This a great look (as usual), and I love the hair.
    Sue x
    Bestfriendstyle

• February 10, 2015 / 4:25 am

Life's too short not to wear fabulous clothes, dearest Sue!! XOXO

6. February 10, 2015 / 6:32 am

That sweater is one serious score! Thanks Dad! I love the whole look all together–especially how that skirt almost looks like a baggy pair of jeans but really it isn't.

The hair is fun too of course! You go GIRL!!

Love,

Ann of Kremb de la Kremb

• February 11, 2015 / 5:42 pm

I'm sure the sweater is at least forty years old, dearest Ann…but it's still in "like new" condition!! That level of quality is definitely hard to come by nowadays!! 😉

• February 13, 2015 / 1:27 am

Wow! 40+!!! That's awesome!! That reminds me of this beautiful color blocked, wool sweater of my dad's probably about the same amount of years. It was a bright burgandy with a navy and then cream stripe near the hem. I gotta see if I can find that sweater somewhere in our summer cabin. I bet it's there! Love it!! I love clothing especially more when there's a history. 😀 A x

• February 14, 2015 / 3:24 pm

Oh wow, you've GOT to find that sweater, Ann!! Colour-blocking with navy and burgundy…and vintage to boot?! I'm already looking forward to seeing your first outfit combo!! 😀