Lunch lady

As you can see, my new Elvis & Kresse bag has barely left my hands since it arrived by courier last week, dear readers!!

Today it came with me on a lunch date with my husband at our favourite Indian restaurant; we got a compliment from the hostess that we were “a very nice couple”…but who wouldn’t be, with tummies so pleasantly full after a wonderful meal?!

By the time we left the restaurant, the day had clouded over and become a little chilly; I really could have used a coat of some sort, but I had stubbornly refused to wear one (this outfit was just too darn cute to cover up!!)  Besides, I’d always heard that we lose most of our body heat from the top – our heads, in other words! – and I had that situation covered with my felted-wool, flower-embellished hat!!

And isn’t the acid wash of my denim pencil skirt such a cool throwback to the eighties??  That particular era is not usually on my style radar…but by now you know that I’m always willing to experiment a little!!

1. February 18, 2015 / 5:00 pm

I need that skirt!! How gorgeous, wow! I totally agree it has that 80's look. (which I love)
    I also heard we lost most of our heat from our head which is why I always have a hat on as well, also such a cute hat! This is such a perfect look for lunch xx

floralsandsmiles.blogspot.ca

• February 18, 2015 / 5:57 pm

I've turned into a major hat fan over the past few years, dearest Kelsey and Kenecha…but I used to HATE wearing them!! Just ask my mom!! Proof once again that you gotta give everything – even acid-washed denim! – a fair chance!! 😀

2. February 18, 2015 / 10:23 pm

You look adorable in the acid wash! Since I'm older than you and did acid wash the first time around I'm always a little hesitant to wear it … I don't want anything to think I"m STILL wearing it from the 80s! But anyway, you look fab … the hat … precious! And you know I love that cool bag and those hot boots! See you Friday for FUN FASHION FRIDAY, Chick!

• February 19, 2015 / 4:51 am

Old school, acid-wash "mom jeans" would be one thing, dearest Dawn…but a skirt like mine?? You'd TOTALLY rock it!! And of course you know I'll be there for your Fun Fashion Friday linkup!! XOXO

3. February 19, 2015 / 2:21 am

Woww this denim pencil skirt looks so perfect on you, it's really sexy, actually. I also really like your bag – I don't know this brand,but it looks great!

Bella Pummarola

• February 19, 2015 / 5:56 am

Everything "old" is new again, dearest Anett!! 😉 First, it's that quintessentially 80's fabric treatment…reworked into a thoroughly modern pencil skirt. And then some decommissioned fire hoses (believe it or not!)…turned into the cutest little red bag!! XOXO