New beginnings

I’m going to keep things short and sweet today, dear readers, because I have a new little distraction at home…the Faulkner Family has expanded by one!!

My husband and I adopted a ferret from our local shelter yesterday morning!!  We’ve been debating the idea of giving Badger another brother or sister after we lost Griffin and Flora just before Christmas …but because of his fragile health and blindness, we decided that a rambunctious baby would probably not be in his best interest.

So now we have “Wolfie!!”  He’s a senior ferret – and blind as well – who was surrendered to the shelter when his previous owner no longer felt able to care for him.

I’ll be posting some photos on Instagram in the next few days, of course…but in the mean time, we’ll be spending some extra bonding time with Wolfie while we get him settled in!!

P.S.  My hubby is not a fan of the name “Wolfie”…and I’m not thrilled with “Felix,” the name he came with.  Cast your votes, dear readers; which name do you prefer?!

• February 11, 2015 / 8:44 pm

The lilac tint has mostly faded out of my hair now, dear Thais…but I'm enjoying this silvery-blonde colour, too!! And the burgundy faux-leather leggings work really well with all the greys in this look, don't they?! XO

1. February 11, 2015 / 3:28 pm

Yay, congratulations Monika!! So excited to hear you've given Wolfie a home and expanded your family. Excited to see photos on insta! As for a name?! Aw, I love both! But will cast my vote on Felix. Adorable!! And… you're looking gorgeous as ever – this outfit is the bomb. Have a great day, gorgeous!! xo

• February 11, 2015 / 8:53 pm

Oh darn…I was hoping to get my "friends in fashion" to side with me on the name thing, dearest Veronika; but it looks like that might not be the case!! 😉 I think I'm sticking to my guns with "Wolfie" though…he needs a new name to go with his new life!! XOXO

2. February 11, 2015 / 5:48 pm

I'm looking forward to seeing some pics, of the two names I prefer Felix. Great look by the way, love those trousers
    Sue x
    Bestfriend

• February 11, 2015 / 8:59 pm

The name "Felix" always reminds me of "The Odd Couple," dear Sue…that TV show from waaay back about two grumpy old men!! I just can't do it!! But I'm glad you like my choice of outfit, at least!! ;D

3. February 11, 2015 / 9:43 pm

Those leather pants are AMAZING on you! And you know I just love that you rescued another fur baby. It warms my heart. If I had the time, the room, and the money, I'd have a whole zoo! As it is, our 2 dogs and 2 cats are quite a handful, especially with a diabetic kitty and a rambunctious husky! Anyway, I could talk fashion and animals for days! Give us a pic of the new fellow and then maybe we can help with a name! 😉

• February 12, 2015 / 9:21 pm

There's nothing like knowing that you've given an abandoned pet a much-needed home…is there, dearest Dawn?! Thankfully, ferrets don't appear at our shelter too often, otherwise we'd definitely have a whole houseful!! P.S. Despite virtually EVERYONE's (bewildering!) affection for the name "Felix," I've made up my mind…"Wolfie" it is!! ;D

• February 12, 2015 / 9:32 pm

YAY!! Finally…someone who loves the name "Wolfie" as much as I do!! You are now his honorary godmothers, dearest Kelsey and Kenecha!! 😀 And I have to say, when I DO add a bit of colour (like these burgundy leggings) to my normally neutral outfits, I really enjoy it!! Incentive to step "out of the box" every once in a while, right?! XOXO

4. February 13, 2015 / 9:05 am

Loving this outfit with a bit of a rocker vibe! Don't know if it's the pants or the boots, but they go so well together. So good of you to take on another pet, especially one that needs so much more care. I hope Wolfie settles in nicely. I think maybe Wolfie could be his nickname? Felix sounds cute too.

xo,
    Tania

• February 14, 2015 / 5:51 pm

These boots are brand new, dear Tania…and already fast favourites; you'll probably be seeing them a lot in upcoming posts!! And as far as the newest member of our family goes, one of the veterinarians that I work with suggested "Felix the Wolf" for a name…which makes shortening it to "Wolfie" the perfect solution!! 😉

5. February 13, 2015 / 9:12 pm

Monika I don't know what I love more – your hair, the burgundy leathers or the fact that you've got a new addition to your family!! So pleased for you after your sad news at Christmas… I love the story of why you got that one, you're so lovely to give him a home!

Your hair is absolutely gorgeous – caught my eye immediately. Have a fabulous weekend! 🙂

Catherine, Not Dressed As Lamb x

• February 14, 2015 / 6:12 pm

Oh my gosh, dearest Catherine…little "Wolfie" is SUCH a sweetheart!! I can't believe that someone would just give him up…their loss is definitely our gain!! And my hair is back to being blonde again (the lilac tint has all washed out) but I wouldn't say no to giving purple another whirl!! XOXO

6. February 16, 2015 / 1:51 pm

Monika dear, glad to hear of your new addition to the family, just beautiful and loving to give him a home. Wolfie sounds fierce but sweet. Your leather pants are to die for. You look fantastic in them. xo

• February 17, 2015 / 4:26 am

Our Wolfie is as sweet and gentle as a lamb, dearest Elsie…and we're just sooo happy that he's found his "forever" home here with us!! My pleather leggings, on the other hand?! Way too nice NOT to take them out of the house and out on the town…am I right?! 😉