Back off: Moto jacket, skinny jeans and MK bag!

On the rare occasion when I’m feeling somewhat “uninspired” in the wardrobe department, or if I’m in a hurry to put together a look for a last-minute invitation, then jeans and a T-shirt (or sweater!) will probably always be the combination that comes to my rescue!!

And I imagine that’s very likely the case for most of my readers, too!!  Denim is now considered appropriate attire for virtually every situation; and together with the right top – an embellished tank for a cocktail party, or an old band tee for a painting party! – we truly are ready for just about anything!!

But after that, it’s usually the choice of accessories that take a relatively basic ensemble into more interesting territory.  This morning I was headed to our local Starbucks for my go-to soy chai latte and a couple of hours of blogging…so I hoped my biker jacket and studded bag would give off just enough of a “tough girl” vibe to keep away unsolicited conversation from strangers (I was there to work, after all!!)

It didn’t…I was still briefly ambushed by a client who recognized me from my job.  But hey!!  At least he got to see me in something other than my scrubs, right?!  😉

1. March 16, 2015 / 2:26 pm

Hi Monika, you do casual chic very well. Beautiful outfit and lovely smile. xo

• March 16, 2015 / 8:45 pm

I know some girls can be pretty darn serious when it comes to posing for their outfit photos, dearest Elsie…but I prefer to have a little fun!! ;D

2. March 16, 2015 / 2:56 pm

Me too, whenever stumped, jeans & a flowy tank, plus some sort of layer are my easy go-to!! And you look gorgeous in yours… especially love that swoon worthy bag of yours!! xo

• March 16, 2015 / 9:14 pm

I really scored with that MK bag, dearest V…it's definitely been my #1 accessory since it came home with me about six months ago!! And NOTHING beats the versatility of a great pair of jeans, am I right?! XOXO

• March 16, 2015 / 10:47 pm

I always feel like I'm ready for just about anything in an outfit like this, dearest Kelsey and Kenecha!! XOXO

• March 17, 2015 / 6:56 pm

I almost always like to have an edgy element (or two!) in my look, dearest Rebecca…probably because, other than that, I really am NOT so tough at all!! 😉