Bug-eyed: Chunky sweater, mini-skirt, and matching sunglasses and bag!

Over the past few seasons, I’ve developed a rather nice little collection of sunglasses…and this round, teal-framed pair is the very latest addition to my accessories drawer!!

The fact that they ended up being a perfect colour-match for my teal leather satchel was a rather happy coincidence; nowadays it’s considered a little “old-fashioned” to wear a bag and shoes (or boots!) in the same shade…but how cool is it to match your bag to your sunnies?!

After a lifetime of absolutely despising glasses (I had vision-correcting laser surgery about 15 years ago so I wouldn’t need them!) I’m not sure how this appreciation for the style possibilities of eyewear actually started; but now I often reach for a pair to add a little “something something” to my outfit combinations.

My husband thinks my newest version might be his personal favourite; and – for right now, at least! – I think they might be mine, too!!

P.S.  It’s “Fun Fashion Friday” again, dear readers!!  Be sure to join the party hosted by my blogger friend Dawn at Fashion Should Be Fun and get your weekend started the right way!!  🙂

1. March 13, 2015 / 3:40 pm

That sweater has the loveliest and relaxed fit. And yes, love the idea of matching my eyeglasses to my bag. So fun and chic!! Looking fabulous as always Monika and wishing you a fabulous Friday & weekend. Looks like we'll be getting some sun. Yay!! xo

• March 14, 2015 / 4:48 pm

This sweater was one of those pieces that IMMEDIATELY had to be mine as soon as I laid eyes on it, dearest V!! I just love the tweedy knit, the mock turtleneck (which I tend to prefer over the "real" thing) and that slit at the back – which is so unexpected for a sweater, right?! P.S. Right now it's absolutely pouring outside…sure hope the weather people are right about some sunshine!! 😉

2. March 13, 2015 / 6:30 pm

Those sunglasses are so cute! 🙂 Beautiful sweater and we love how you paired it with this lovely skirt. We are jealous you can wear skirts! Today is a -30 and we are FREEZING haha 😛 Spring isn't just around the corner for us we don't think.

Florals&Smiles
    Twitter

• March 14, 2015 / 5:00 pm

I'd been thinking about adding some round sunglasses to my collection for a while now, dearest Kelsey and Kenecha…but this was the first pair that didn't make me look perhaps just a bit too "bug-eyed," haha!! And trust me, I feel incredibly lucky to be able to wear a skirt – especially without tights! – in what is technically still winter!! Here's hoping warmer weather is right around the corner for you, as well!! XOXO

3. March 13, 2015 / 8:42 pm

Aww thanks so much for helping promote Fun Fashion Friday! What a fabulous & fun group we're getting going! Love this look, Monika. It's a modern classic with a fun funky color twist! Matching sunnies to bag? Fab idea! OXOX

• March 14, 2015 / 5:11 pm

I plan to be at EVERY one of your Fun Fashion Friday link-ups, dearest Dawn…so I hope you don't get tired of me!! 😉 And as we all now know, pieces in an outfit merely need to "go" together, they don't actually have to "match"…but that doesn't mean it can't be an option every once in a while!! XOXO

4. March 14, 2015 / 12:56 pm

I am further convinced that teal is a neutral and goes with so much. I love that purse and am now considering sandals in that color. You always look great!

• March 14, 2015 / 5:15 pm

Teal – or "peacock!" – blue is probably my favourite of all the jewel tones, dearest Joni!! And you're right…it seems to look good with EVERYTHING!! P.S. Now I'm waiting with bated breath to see if you end up finding the perfect pair of teal sandals!! XOXO