Bulletproof: Pleather shorts with tights and a big hat!

I never leave the house looking like I didn’t make an effort…but every once in a while, I’ll hit on a combination that makes me feel downright invincible!!

And the world was definitely my oyster when today’s outfit came together, dear readers!!  Using shorts as a starting point for a dressy – instead of a casual – look is something that’s still relatively new to me…but when said shorts are constructed out of this really cool faux-leather, and when they’re paired with some reptile-patterned tights and wedge booties, then there’s simply no mistaking them for beachwear!!

My ivory-coloured plush top was cozy enough to allow me to go without a coat for a leisurely afternoon of Starbucks and shopping (luckily my super-powers weren’t actually needed this time, haha!!) And this wide-brimmed hat and Sherpa clutch??  I couldn’t imagine more perfect finishing touches!!

It really is true that the right outfit can sometimes transform into a sort of “bulletproof vest” when we leave the comfort zone of home…so now I’d love to hear if you’ve ever created an ensemble that had you ready to take on the world!!

P.S.  When it comes to taking on the world, my friend Dana over at “Dana loves fashion and music” is doing just that; she’s started the WabiSabi Project as a wonderfully easy way for bloggers from around the globe to get to know one another…please let her know that you’d like to participate, and she’ll take care of all the rest!!

1. March 4, 2015 / 4:03 pm

What a great pair of shorts! Great detail on them and love that they are leather. Pairing them with those lovely tights they look even better! Great combo πŸ™‚
    I love when I pair a great outfit together and you feel so good about it, though lately I wear anything because it is still cold and I for some reason don't try to get too dressed up during colder months. Can't wait to break out some dresses!

Florals&Smiles
    Twitter

• March 5, 2015 / 2:56 am

One of the things that had me most excited about this outfit was all the delicious pattern and texture, dearest Kelsey and Kenecha!! Between the pleated effect of the shorts, the furry top (and bag!) and the snake-print tights, I've managed to create a look that's long on interest…even if it's a little short on colour!! P.S. I have my fingers crossed that your weather warms up soon!! XOXO

2. March 4, 2015 / 5:06 pm

Now that is a great title!! And that is a fantastic ensemble. Hot pants and patterned tights with heels? Wowza! When I was younger I loved wearing tights with shorts and it felt sexy. Now I feel like I have to tone it down some by making my shorts longer. You always have the perfect finishing touches too.

• March 5, 2015 / 3:18 am

Maybe I'll actually get the hang of this "blog title" thing after all, dearest Joni!! πŸ˜‰ And by adding those python-inspired tights to the outfit, I think I've made the pleather shorts sooo much more wearer-friendly…as well as perfectly street-appropriate!! XO

• March 5, 2015 / 3:34 am

I really did feel SO amazing in this outfit combination, dearest Dawn!! πŸ™‚ And I know that Dana would be thrilled to have a visit from you…please be sure to tell her that I say "hi!!" XOXO

3. March 5, 2015 / 5:06 pm

Every peace a treasure! Love this outfit SO much, including the hat! ItΒ΄s very unique and tasteful.. and you look – like always – so much lovely! Both thumbs up πŸ™‚

have a wonderful, sunny and nice week dear friend
    Dana πŸ™‚
    XOXOXO

• March 6, 2015 / 4:27 am

Thank you SO much, dearest Dana!! πŸ™‚ And thank you once again for including me in this amazing WabiSabi Project of yours…it's truly a most generous way of fostering support and connection within our blogging community!! XOXO