Chambray shirt, skinny cargo pants, and a cute red bag!

Hah!!  I’ll bet I’ve caught all my regular readers a little off-guard with the rather “bare bones” title of this particular blog post!!

On the always generous advice of Catherine at “Not Dressed As Lamb” I’ve decided to change from my normally quirky, but admittedly vague, post titles to something a little bit more representative of the contents.  After all, Ms. NotLamb certainly knows what she’s doing…she’s been a successful full-time personal style blogger for over a year!!

These “laundry list” headings are not quite as much fun to create (sigh!) but the reason for the switch does make a lot of sense…now anyone searching for a particular outfit combination – including me! – will be able to find it much more easily!!

I’ll admit that I’m going to miss my inventive titles…but change is good, right?!  At least I hope it is…now I’m anxiously waiting to hear what you think about my decision!!

• March 3, 2015 / 5:58 am

I can never decide if these pumps are leopard-print or reptile-print, dearest Kelsey and Kenecha…they're kind of a combination of both!! 🙂

1. March 2, 2015 / 2:49 pm

I'm lusting for those pants you're wearing!!
    I loved your obscure more creative titles. If I wanted to search a particular outfit on your blog your tags would allow me to do that so I say, keep your creativity flowing with your creative titles. You always list the items in your tagging so that part worked already. 😉

• March 3, 2015 / 6:16 am

Those tags work like a charm if you've already found my blog, dearest Joni…but (and you can correct me if I'm wrong!) they won't show up if a potential reader is doing a Google search!! Maybe I can find a way to combine a bit of creativity with the "laundry list" headings, though…something to think about!! P.S. My cargos are from Aritzia…your new favourite store, right?! 😀

• March 3, 2015 / 6:22 am

I love ankle zips on skinny pants, dearest Debbie; they're great for adding some edge…and some extra versatility, too!! XOXO

2. March 2, 2015 / 11:47 pm

It's definitely a good idea to write descriptive titles from an SEO point of view, because people will be more likely to find your post if they're searching for a particular outfit or style. I don't really enjoy writing this kind of titles myself, but a girl's gotta do what's best for her blog 🙂 Very cute outfit, I really love your scarf with the little fur pieces!

Bella Pummarola

• March 3, 2015 / 6:26 am

How can you not love some furry pom-poms, right dearest Anett?! And yes, SEO isn't always very exciting…but growing blog readership definitely is!! 😉

3. March 3, 2015 / 5:21 am

This outfit is so fun and chic, Monika! I love it! Can you believe… I still don't have a chambray shirt?!! What the heck! Time to change that, am I right?! 😉 And as for the titles? Love the switch, and yes makes lots of sense. I also like to name my jpg files to match what I'm wearing… apparently that improves searchability as well. Hope your week is off to a fine start love!! xo

• March 3, 2015 / 6:41 am

Name your jpg files?! Oh boy, dearest V…every time I congratulate myself for catching up a little on this blogger "learning curve," I realize what a total newbie I still am!! Time to set up another consultation with you, I think!! P.S. This chambray shirt is one of my newest acquisitions…and now I can't believe it took me so long to take the plunge!! XOXO

4. March 3, 2015 / 7:40 am

This is my kind of look, love everything about it. You could do your new heading and follow it up with 'this is what is would have used' section that way you get the best of both worlds.
    Sue xx
    Bestfriendstyle

• March 3, 2015 / 11:39 pm

I think that's exactly what I'm going to do, dearest Sue…although I'm running the risk of some pretty looong blog titles!! 😉

• March 4, 2015 / 1:35 am

Catherine is a total guru for helpful blogging tips – and a fantastic fashionista, to boot! – isn't she, dearest Dawn?! I'm so lucky to have such a stylish and supportive group of friends here in the blogosphere…and that, of course, includes YOU!! XOXO

5. March 3, 2015 / 7:10 pm

I love this look and I will copy it soon. I also wear my cargo pants a lot, because they are comfy and fashionably.

• March 4, 2015 / 4:24 am

So nice to have you visit, Andrea!! Somehow, my wardrobe doesn't feel complete without a pair (or two!) of cargo pants; they make a nice change of pace from denim jeans…and the olive green colour happens to be one of my faves!! 😉

6. March 4, 2015 / 12:29 am

I totally understand what you mean, and so true. People are going to find much easier this way, but coming up with names is so much fun! I tend to love that part. Sometimes I do just go for the basic "bare bones" approach because it just feels right. Sucha great tip! I must check out your friend's blog now. Awesome look!

xoxo,
    Tania

• March 4, 2015 / 6:05 pm

Please DO visit Catherine's blog, dear Tania…her outfits are always an inspiration (she loves colour and tomboy details!) and she regularly shares the best, easy-to-understand photography and blogging tips with her readers!! She's definitely one of my heroes!! XO

7. March 4, 2015 / 10:21 am

SEO is getting the best of us isn't it?! I try (keyword is try!) to incorporate the SEO plus mix it in with the creative. I think as long as you've got the focus keyword sparkled throughout your good. Also, I know more…but along with naming the jpg files also use the "alt text" area with your keyword too. It's like doubling up with both alt text and focus word with your jpg.

I know! So much to learn!!

By the way, perfect outfit!!

Love,

Ann of Kremb de la Kremb

• March 4, 2015 / 7:58 pm

Sooo much to learn, dearest Ann…especially when you're not exactly computer-savvy to begin with!! I've made the decision to be happy with my "baby steps," though; I don't ever want to overwhelm myself with technical stuff, because then it'll stop being fun!! P.S. Glad you like the outfit!! XOXO