In the bag: slouchy cargos and a striped henley!

Anyone who thinks it’s sometimes necessary to sacrifice cuteness for comfort (although I’m obviously not talking about you, dear readers!) has apparently never tried a combination like this before!!

My look here is seriously as comfy as a pair of pj’s – thanks to the soft fabrics and “easy” fit of the striped henley top and slightly baggy, ankle-cuffed cargo pants.  These are the pants, by the way, that rather unexpectedly found their way into my Aritzia shopping bag…along with the skinny ones you’ve already seen in my “Fresh cargo” post!!  I’m sure you all understand why I couldn’t possibly leave them behind, right?!  😉

I’ve elevated (literally!) the relaxed feel of the outfit with these open-toe wedges; and my little leopard clutch and floral beanie add some extra interest with their contrasting patterns…and even a tiny pop of colour!!

The “pyjama dressing” trend is one that I’m still quite hesitant about; but an ensemble like this makes me smile from ear to ear!!

By the way, if footwear inspiration is what you’re looking for, Cherie has a “Shoe and Tell” link-up happening on her blog “Style Nudge” right now…you’ll be happy you visited!!

1. March 9, 2015 / 1:49 pm

I love this relaxed and stylish look, love the cargo too, fab colour, and the cute beanie. All in all a great look.
    Sue xx
    Bestfriendstyle

• March 10, 2015 / 4:58 am

"Olive drab" isn't drab at ALL, is it, dearest Sue?! In fact, pieces in this particular shade – like my slouchy cargos! – play together surprisingly well with most other colours…just like denim seems to work with everything!! XOXO

• March 10, 2015 / 5:00 am

These wedges might make my outfit LOOK a little more "dressed up," dearest Kelsey and Kenecha, but they are seriously as comfortable as flats!! 🙂

• March 10, 2015 / 5:09 am

The same slouchy cargos and striped top paired with some flat sandals and a backpack…and I'm ready for a day at the beach, dearest Dawn!! Aaah…the power of accessories!! ;D

2. March 10, 2015 / 12:21 pm

I love when stylish looks secretly feel like sweatpants 😉 I loved when last year J Crew made sweats super stylish, I was all over that trend. And I really like how you spiced these cargos up with fun patterns. That clutch is such a great styling piece!

xo marlen
    Messages on a Napkin

• March 11, 2015 / 5:00 am

It actually took me quite a while to get behind sweatpants as a genuine fashion statement, dear Marlen…but guess what?? There's a pair hanging in my closet now; and I definitely don't wear them to the gym!! 😉 Thank you so much for visiting!!

3. March 11, 2015 / 4:21 am

I can tell just by looking at these pictures that you are feeling so great in this outfit! Great mix of patterns and that beanie is adorable! 🙂

Bella Pummarola

• March 12, 2015 / 6:53 am

Yep…I was definitely "feeling fine" in this ensemble, dearest Anett!! 😉

4. March 12, 2015 / 4:49 am

Those pants, I don't blame you for not leaving them behind. How fantastic are they?!! And the stripes + play of different patterns was a fantastic choice. You're such a fashionista, Monika!! xo

• March 12, 2015 / 7:04 am

Aww…thank you so much, dearest Veronika!! Playing around with various wardrobe pieces until – ta-da! – an outfit suddenly "clicks"…isn't that just the BEST kind of fun?! XOXO