Jacked up: a white moto jacket and slouchy cargos!

These soft cargo pants are going to be sooo cute this summer with a tank top and some strappy flat sandals…but until the days of truly balmy weather arrive, I’m having fun styling their slouchiness in a slightly less casual way!!

styling slouchy cargo pants with a moto jacket

Today I opted for this brand new H&M moto-style jacket to add a touch of sharpness to my look.  It’s replacing my old ivory-coloured leather jacket, which was never very comfortable…the leather was so stiff, it felt like a straitjacket!!  Not the best scenario for a girl like me who hates wearing anything restrictive!!

styling slouchy cargo pants with a moto jacket

motorcycle jacket

And as we all know, a pretty pair of heels always works to elevate (both literally and figuratively!) even the “easiest” outfit!!  Every time I put on these t-strap shoes, I’m impressed once more by how flattering they are…and the moderate platform makes them really comfortable, too.

styling slouchy cargo pants with a moto jacket

slouchy cargo pants and Elvis & Kresse bag

Have you started incorporating pieces with a more summery vibe into your ensembles yet, dear readers?? Or are you still struggling through winter’s last hurrah?!  I’m curious about what’s happening out there, both weather- and wardrobe-wise!!

styling slouchy cargo pants with a moto jacket

1. March 25, 2015 / 1:36 pm

Very cute jacket! I've been on the hunt for an ivory blazer myself. Had to return one due to it looking too much like a lab coat (Aritzia), but in this moto style it's far from looking clinician.
    I love spring jackets and am so ready to start wearing them more.

• March 26, 2015 / 6:11 pm

And I thought I was the only one who felt that way about white coats, dearest Joni…I TOTALLY agree that a lot of them look like something you'd find in a lab or a doctor's office!! As far as moto jackets go, I actually had a baby blue version in mind for spring..but when I came across this one, I couldn't say no!! XOXO

2. March 25, 2015 / 2:36 pm

You look lovely and so stylish Monica. I love the jacket and got a white one myself…summer here we come:) And your hair is fantastic. xo Sabina | Oceanblue Style

• March 26, 2015 / 7:53 pm

I don't have any qualms about wearing black in the spring and summer, dearest Sabina…but this white jacket will be a welcome change, I think!! And since I have a hair appointment coming up this Friday, there might be a whole different 'do happening next week; still, I'm glad to hear that you like it as is!! 😉

3. March 25, 2015 / 8:35 pm

This biker jacket looks great on you. I have bought the same one but haven't worn it yet. It's still too cold and therefore I'm waiting for Easter.
    Andrea

• March 26, 2015 / 8:00 pm

Then we shall be "biker chick" twins, dearest Andrea!! 😉 And I'll keep my fingers crossed that your weather warms up enough for you to wear your new jacket for Easter…something to look forward to, right?! XOXO

4. March 26, 2015 / 11:33 am

Looking fab and adorable! What a great moto and it looks perfect with the cargo pants and those cute shoes. It's cool in the mornings here, but by afternoon it's been in the 70's and 80's every day. Loving it! See you soon for Fun Fashion Friday!

• March 26, 2015 / 8:12 pm

You're lucky to be enjoying the best of both worlds, dearest Dawn; you can rock cute sweaters and jackets earlier in the day…but you also get to show off the layers underneath when the weather warms up!! Perfect!! We're not quite ready yet to do without outerwear here in Vancouver…but at least we don't need snow boots, either!! See you for Friday's link-up!! XOXO

5. March 26, 2015 / 7:03 pm

Loving that coat, Monika!! & you can pair it with anything which makes it such a great piece to own. Those pants are so stunning.
    The weather is starting to get a little better here and the snow is finally starting to melt a little so the winter outfits aren't put away yet, slowly but surly I am trying to break out my Spring clothing 😀

Florals&Smiles
    Twitter

• March 27, 2015 / 3:39 am

I'm so happy to finally own a white motorcycle-style jacket that FEELS as good as it looks, dearest Kelsey and Kenecha!! Right now, it's ideal for adding some "spring" to my outfit combinations…but I know it's going to work equally well in the summer over a sundress or tank top!! P.S. Three cheers for melting snow…hopefully you'll be seeing some tulips and cherry blossoms very soon!! XOXO

• March 28, 2015 / 5:00 pm

With all the snow and cold you've had to deal with, I'm not AT ALL surprised that you're anxious for summer to start, dearest Debbie!! I'm sooo grateful for the wonderfully mild winter Vancouver enjoyed this year…but that doesn't mean that I'm not looking forward to the "season of the sun!!" In the meantime, I'll definitely be working some pieces with a more summery feel – like this jacket! – into my outfit combinations!! XOXO