Maxed out: long cardigan, skinny jeans and booties!

As a confirmed “sweater girl,” I’m sure you can all imagine that I was absolutely thrilled to jump on the long cardigan bandwagon today, dear readers!!

styling a long grey cardigan with skinny jeans and booties

There were a few oversized, grandpa-style cardis in my wardrobe already, of course…but the perfect long sweater/coat hybrid had so far eluded me.  Yes – I’d seen a few pretty ones, but they were waaay too sheer to really provide that true “wrapped in a blanket” coziness I was after.  (Something tells me I’m going to need all the help I can get when I visit my sister in New Brunswick next month!!)

styling a long grey cardigan with skinny jeans and booties

long grey cardigan and Michael Kors bag

And once again, it was Forever 21 that came to my rescue!!  I’ll admit that the bricks-and-mortar store can be a bit of a challenge to navigate – those racks are always stuffed! – but since I enjoy the search almost as much as the find, it’s rarely a problem!!

long grey cardigan and Michael Kors bag

Wishbone Collection booties

styling a long cardigan with skinny jeans and booties

I’m sure my new long cardigan is going to be a layering staple this spring; even though I haven’t had time to experiment very much yet, I can totally imagine it “warming up” not just jeans…but dresses and shorts, too!!  🙂

styling a long grey cardigan with skinny jeans and booties

1. March 23, 2015 / 5:13 pm

Compliments on your outfit! This long cardigan is really a very versatile piece for layering, mixing and combining. Hope to see more looks with it on you blog.
    Andrea

• March 24, 2015 / 3:45 am

Thank you so much, dear Andrea!! I'd never want to "pigeonhole" myself with a single type of outfit…but jeans and a sweater will ALWAYS be something I feel especially good in!! As for more looks featuring this new cardi of mine?! You can bet on it!! 😀

2. March 23, 2015 / 9:01 pm

I absolutely love this sweater!! I can't believe you found it at Forever 21! Unlike you, I don;t seem to have the patience for that place. I wish I do though — people always seem to find such amazing pieces there.

xoxo Alison

• March 24, 2015 / 4:14 am

Forever 21 can be a little fashion "goldmine," dearest Alison…but you definitely have to resign yourself to doing some digging!! XOXO

3. March 24, 2015 / 3:03 am

LOVE, that cardigan. The length is dreamy and I imagine it looking so lovely with a knee length dress & stiletto too! Plus, isn't forever 21 the best?!! I get so much of my stuff from there – love em'! xo

• March 24, 2015 / 4:46 am

Ever since Forever 21 opened a location in our neighbourhood mall, it's become a favourite shopping destination of mine, dearest Veronika!! There's always a wonderful selection of boho-inspired pieces – which I know you love as much as I do! – and you certainly can't beat the price-point…am I right?! 😀

4. March 25, 2015 / 4:06 am

That long cardigan and such a great find! It looks so cozy and perfect for layering! I think it would be wonderful to take on your trip to see your sister and hopefully they will have some better weather by then. I agree Forever 21 can be a challenge but I am like you I like the hunt!

Rebecca

• March 26, 2015 / 5:16 pm

I just make sure I'm fortified with my fave Starbucks chai latte and I'm good to go, dearest Rebecca!! 😉 And oh my gosh…you can't peel me out of this cardigan right now; it's absolutely ideal for these still-slightly-chilly spring days we've been having!! Definitely taking it with me to New Brunswick!! XOXO

• March 26, 2015 / 5:29 pm

Forever 21 is still relatively new to Vancouver, dearest Kelsey and Kenecha…so maybe you'll have one pop up in your neck of the woods, too!! I kind of wonder how I lived without Forever 21 (and H&M!) before…along with Winners, they're my go-to shopping "haunts" nowadays!! 😀