Multiplicity: a basic tank dress with the coolest fringed belt!

Sometimes, dear readers, I really think I might have the fashion equivalent of a “multiple personality” disorder!!

How else to explain my love of bohemian and rockerish looks…AND minimalist looks…AND tomboy looks…AND edgy “downtown” looks??  I can’t even imagine limiting myself to just a single personal style category!!  Most fun of all are those outfits that I put together from several different genres…like this sleek and simple tank dress combined with a cowgirl-chic fringy suede belt and denim jacket; and a tough, studded bag!!

And because I dress up only for my days off – I’m always in scrubs when I’m at work – I’m lucky enough to be able to express all of my (many!) different sides without fear of ever breaking any dress codes!!

So now it’s your turn – do you find yourself preferring a more “uniform” approach when it comes to your outfits…or are you all over the fashion map like I am??  Please share!!

(And speaking of sharing, remember that the Fun Fashion Friday link-up is happening today at Fashion Should Be Fun!!)

• March 7, 2015 / 9:22 pm

I HAD to include a photo with a "back view" just for that reason, dear Nicole…I love the way the belt kind of looks like it might be part of my denim jacket!! XOXO

1. March 6, 2015 / 11:02 pm

That's what I love about fashion, no rules if you want, if it looks good and you feel good go for it, because if you love the look it works!!
    Sue xx
    Bestfriendstyle

• March 7, 2015 / 9:57 pm

You are so right, dearest Sue…A HUGE part of personal style is simply feeling fantastic in your outfits!! There's nothing more flattering than self-confidence!! 🙂

2. March 7, 2015 / 1:39 am

As you well know, I'm all over that fashion map too! I love playing with different looks and attitudes and also can't imagine picking just up vibe and sticking with it! We'll be crazy (fab) like that together! Love this dress and of course the whole look. Thanks so much for always supporting Fun Fashion Friday! I hope you're having as much fun as I am!

• March 7, 2015 / 10:08 pm

A personal style "uniform" works for some people, dearest Dawn…but you and I obviously love experimenting waaay too much to stick to one kind of look!! And while I'll admit that blog link-ups made me a little nervous at first (how do they work? what do I have to do?) now I wouldn't want to miss a single Fun Fashion Friday!! XOXO

3. March 7, 2015 / 3:37 am

Those are very cool earrings! You know, I've been all over the map in the past and I really love the rocker street style for myself but don't wear that at work of course. As I've gotten older and have more flaws or figure imbalances to camouflage I tend to stick to mainly long tunic lengths on top and slimmer, cleaner lines on the bottom. You're also very creative so I can understand the love for many different styles. Keeping enjoying it!

• March 7, 2015 / 10:23 pm

You can always add a touch of rockerish attitude to your work outfits with some edgy-but-still-appropriate accessories, dearest Joni…which I'm sure you do!! You mentioned my earrings; have you seen those "spikes" that only LOOK like they're a large-gauge piercing?? So cool!! XOXO

4. March 7, 2015 / 3:56 am

We are so like you, all over the place! It is such fun that way though, always thinking of new ways to make an old outfit just POP! 🙂
    Beautiful dress, that belt with this looks so good! Jeans jackets are really nice and paired with this dress it just goes so well 🙂 Great outfit!

Hope you and your family have a great weekend 🙂
    xo's to Badger and Wolfie (of course haha)

Florals&Smiles
    Twitter

• March 7, 2015 / 10:31 pm

The top of this dress – which is hidden by my jacket today – actually has a "racer" back, dearest Kelsey and Kenecha…a tiny touch of the activewear trend that's so popular right now!! And yes, definitely two thumbs up for re-working old favourites into awesome new looks!! 😉

5. March 12, 2015 / 4:53 am

Oh my gosh, this post could have been written for me. Seriously! I'm all over the map with my style… some day's I'm classic, boho, vintage or yes rocker too. But, I think I love it that way. I'm all about dressing for mood! And… I absolutely adore your belt… it's perfection! xo

• March 12, 2015 / 6:41 am

I think a little "unpredictability" when it comes to fashion just makes the whole thing so much more fun, dearest V…so here's to our multiple style personalities!! ;D