No-snow zone: plaid shirt, skinny jeans and statement bag!

My husband and I have a bit of a vacation coming up, dear readers, and I’m starting to get excited about it…except for one thing!!

how to style a plaid shirt and skinny jeans

We’ll be visiting my sister and her husband in New Brunswick at the end of April; and the east coast of Canada – and the United States, too – has been absolutely smothered under snowfall after snowfall…with even more expected for this weekend!!  By now I’m pretty much convinced that there’s no way it will have melted in time for our holiday…and I absolutely HATE the snow!!

plaid shirt and statement accessories

styling a plaid shirt and skinny jeans

The reason for our trip??  Now that’s the part that I am looking forward to; my parents will be joining us as well (from Toronto) for a little “family reunion”…we are going to be celebrating their 50th Wedding Anniversary together!!

skinny jeans and statement shoes

plaid shirt and statement accessories

In the meantime, I’m keeping my fingers tightly crossed that I’m wrong about the longevity of the snowy weather back east; after all, miracles do happen…and our trip is still a few weeks away!!

how to style a plaid shirt and skinny jeans

P.S.  It’s the first day of spring today (yay!!)…but if you’re already yearning for a dose of summer, head on over to Dawn’s “Fun Fashion Friday” link-up happening today on Fashion Should Be Fun!!

1. March 20, 2015 / 1:49 pm

Where did you get that cute long shirt? I love it and it's very you, casual chic! I hope you have fun in your no snow zone celebrating with your parents. That's quite a milestone I'm hoping I am able to celebrate but I'll be in my 80's so one never knows!

• March 22, 2015 / 8:08 pm

That plaid shirt was a Winners find, dearest Joni…it's not the ideal store if you're looking for something very specific, but if you're up for a "treasure hunt," it's the BEST!! And yes…a 50th Wedding Anniversary is DEFINITELY something worth celebrating; we're all really excited about spending some family time together!! XOXO

2. March 20, 2015 / 2:59 pm

New Brunswick is such a stunning place! Very nice scenery I was there many moons ago but still remember it like yesterday. Though I went in the fall so we didn't have to worry about the snow (not that I would have mind :P)
    Awe, 50 years? That is so great!! I hope you and your family have a wonderful time 🙂

Loving this plaid shirt, I am not much of a jean person so I usually just wear it with leggings though I am really liking the way you have it paired and then added those stunning heels! 🙂

Florals&Smiles
    Twitter

• March 22, 2015 / 8:14 pm

The tunic length of this plaid shirt would make it work perfectly over a pair of leggings, dearest Kelsey and Kenecha…I'll have to keep that in mind!! And I have no doubt that New Brunswick is a really beautiful part of Canada…I just hope that it won't still all be buried under a blanket of snow when we get there!! 😉

3. March 21, 2015 / 12:19 pm

Awww thanks so much for the shout out, Monika! You're the best in the west! 😀 Loving this cool casual look … the hat and those hot shoes elevate it to sexy status! Congratulations to your folks and their 50 years together! AWESOME! I'll keep my fingers crossed for some warmer weather there for you!
    Thanks so much for being part of Fun Fashion Friday!

• March 22, 2015 / 8:32 pm

Three cheers for Fun Fashion Friday, dearest Dawn…no wonder that it's my favourite day of the week!! ;D And to make a tomboy-inspired outfit really feel like "me," I almost always end up reaching for a fab pair of heels to add a touch of feminine contrast!! XOXO

4. March 25, 2015 / 2:39 pm

This is so cool and casual I have told you before how much I admire your style right? So please dont get bored reading my comments 😉 I think you can never go wrong with a long shirt like this. And the high heels add just the right touch of sexy and hip…xo Sabina | Oceanblue Style

• March 26, 2015 / 5:08 pm

Dearest Sabina…I could NEVER get bored of your comments!! It means the world to me that you enjoy visiting my blog…AND that you take the time to leave me a little note every once in a while!! Thank you so very much!! XOXO